Yes I'm new
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Allante Forum Discussion, Yes I'm new in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Just saying hi to everyone. I'm new to Cadillac. I'm buying a 1993 Allante with the Northstar engine. Just wondering ...
    Ryan34 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Yes I'm new

Just saying hi to everyone. I'm new to Cadillac. I'm buying a 1993 Allante with the Northstar engine. Just wondering if there is some things i should know about these cars. Thanks everyone.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

scourge Guest

Re: Yes I'm new

Welcome. Just peruse the forum for the information you see. If you don't see exactly what you are interested in knowing, Allantesource and Allante North* will make excellent sources of information.

Jesda is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): An endless stream of Sevilles.

Sweet! I assume the price was quite high. Northstar Allantes are never cheap if the owners know what they've got.

Check out our Northstar engine forums.

Ryan34 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jesda
    Sweet! I assume the price was quite high. Northstar Allantes are never cheap if the owners know what they've got.

Check out our Northstar engine forums.
    It was up there for my budget, $15,000. Just under blue book though so i thought it was a good deal. It only has 40,000 miles as well. Compared to my stealth that has 140,000 miles

carnut is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1988 Allante' (sold), 1984 Eldorado, 84 Sedan DeVille

First purchase should be the factory service manual. If you have a family mechanic, let him keep it. If you do the work. its invaluable!

Allante North * is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 1993 Triple Black Allante

Ryan,

Congrats on your Allante purchase. Carnut is correct on getting a service manual, and if you can find one a quick reference code book. I see them from time to time on Ebay. Jesda is also correct in that you should look into the Northstar Engine section. Hopefully yours has been well taken care of and coolant has been changed and pellets added to the lower radiator hose. That should keep the aluminum block from leaking and prolong engine life and avoid head gasket issues some Northstar owners have had. The Northstar loves to run WOT so don't be afraid to romp on it from time to time. Try to post some pic's when you can. We would love to see it. Most of all, ENJOY!

FSU_Noles is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 93 Allante, 06 CTS

What do you mean by "pellets added to lower radiator hose". I have a 93 also and don't recall seeing that mentioned before.

Allante North * is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 1993 Triple Black Allante

Pellets are added to the cooling systems in vehicles with aluminum blocks to aid in sealing any leaks that may occur. They are actually made with ginger root, or similar vegetative material and expand when wet to aid in sealing very small holes. Aluminum is very light, but also very porous and this is essiential to the life of your aluminum engine block. Either ask your GM dealer for them (about 6-10 dollars) or pick up some Bars Leak GOLD at any auto parts store.

You may also want to do a search in the Northstar Tech section as it has been discussed many times.

FSU_Noles is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 93 Allante, 06 CTS

thanks - I will look into that.

FredM is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Richard,

To learn more about Allante, www.allante.com has alot of info. There's even the Allante Net message board with lots of postings and activitiy and search capabilities.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.