Radio,cd,tape Problems
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Allante Forum Discussion, Radio,cd,tape Problems in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; New Owner Of 90 Allante With A Few Problems. The Worst Is The Driver Info Center And I'm Looking For ...
    BOODER is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 90 ALLANTE,2-72 CPE,71 SEDAN,69 SEDAN,2-69 ELDO,68 ELDO

Radio,cd,tape Problems

New Owner Of 90 Allante With A Few Problems. The Worst Is The Driver Info Center And I'm Looking For Clues. When I Bought The Car The Radio Would Not Turn Off,change Station,or Get Volume...and, The Cd/tape Did Not Work Either. All Three Radio Related Fuses Are Good. Three Of Us Spent A Day (with Tech 1) On The Radio.. We Did Get It Working (with Components In Our Hands)--all Functions "great". Didn't Spend A Lot Of Time On Cd/tape. Then We Installed The Info Center,checked,and Sure Enough- The Mighty Fine Radio Was Stuck On One Station,would Not Turn Off,change Station,or Volume. Next I Can Think Of Is Check For A Bad Connection Or Wire. Note: The Previous Owner Mentioned Some Rain With Top Down*** What Do You Think? And What's With These Cd's (understanding A Lot Don't Work)? If It Got Wet,can It Be Repaired? Or What Are The Most Common Problems? I Recently Joined The Forum And See A Lot Of Good Info. Not Real Bright Here (mi.) So Please Try To Keep It In "old Slow English". Will Appreciate All Of Your Commments Even If You Jest---don

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

carnut is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1988 Allante' (sold), 1984 Eldorado, 84 Sedan DeVille

Re: Radio,cd,tape Problems

Try Disconnecting The Battery For A Few Min. Sometimes Rebooting The Computer Will Solve The Radio Problem. Also Suggest Getting On The Allante Appreciation Group Forum And List This Problem In Their Public Area. Type In Allante.us Should Bring It Up. Hope This Helps. I Own An '88. Great Car!

Allante North * is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 1993 Triple Black Allante

CD players are prone to go bad. Ricklo in San Diego found a shop close by that has Allante CD players in stock and his report was good. Dayton Speedometer will rebuild the units for a fee now(used to be free), Try Carnut's suggestion and see if that helps. My CD player works when it wants too which lately is not at all.

Good Luck

rickko is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '97 STS, '06 DTS Performance, '04 Vette

Quote Originally Posted by Allante North *
    CD players are prone to go bad. Rickko in San Diego found a shop close by that has Allante CD players in stock and his report was good.
    Good Luck
    Here is a list of all the places I've had good luck with including LaJolla Audio Repair for the CD. Some of these items may only apply to '93 Allante's.

DONNELLY: Rear view mirror replacement. 616-786.7171. Lisa McKellips

FAXON: Owner's Manual and other manuals. 800-458.2734

D.HUSSY: Factory Service Manual www.allantesource.com

TRIPLE A ENTERPRISES: Factory window sticker. 800-924.8347

LA JOLLA AUDIO REPAIR: Refurbished CD players. 858-373.0596. Ask for Cleeve.

SUPERCHIPS: Hi performance chip. 407-547.0130

Any store that stocks K&N filters: K&N air filter for '93 = Part #33-2086

LEATHERMAGIC: Leather recoloring kit. 800-232.4092

HYDRO-E-LECTRIC: Cockpit only car cover. 941-639.0437

TOM ROHNER: Allante Embroidered Floor mats. 858-674.5777

RADIO SHACK: Battery for keyfob light. Part #23-1504. On the battery itself it says, PX625A.

BMW Parts Dept.: Tiny bulb for trunk keyfob. Part # 51-21-1-935-001

KRAGEN: Wiper blade inserts. Driver's side- TRICO 43-200. Passenger side- All Season 21640

..rickko..

This Is Really Some Great Info And I Appreciate All Of You Taking The Time To Comment.. Please Keep It Coming, It's All New To Me.. Soon, I Will Be Reporting Results From Your Suggestions. Thanks From Freshman Member--don

carnut is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1988 Allante' (sold), 1984 Eldorado, 84 Sedan DeVille

Never heard what it took to fix the radio? did disconnecting the battery help?

Quote Originally Posted by carnut
    Never heard what it took to fix the radio? did disconnecting the battery help?
    **************************I HAVE NOT DIS-CONNECTED BATTERY YET BECAUSE I HEAR THE D.I.C GOES NUTS,, SO I AM WAITING NOW FOR FRIEND TO COME OVER HERE AND STRAIGHTEN THINGS OUT WHEN I RE-CONNECT. WILL POST ASAP. DON****************************

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.