1992 4.5 radiator hoses
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Allante Forum Discussion, 1992 4.5 radiator hoses in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; My 92 radiator sprung a leak at the drivers side tank. I removed it and sent it to my favorite ...
    nbaum is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1993 & 1992 Allante

1992 4.5 radiator hoses

My 92 radiator sprung a leak at the drivers side tank. I removed it and sent it to my favorite radiator repair shop.
    It occurred to me that this is a good time to replace the radiator hoses. Especially the lower one. Are these not available in the proper size and bend configuration? I can't seem to find any at the usual auto parts stores.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

MoistCabbage is online now Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Crimson 2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP)
    They're most definitely svailable, probably my have to be ordered to the store though. Just check on www.rockAuto.com.

carnut is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1988 Allante' (sold), 1984 Eldorado, 84 Sedan DeVille

Re: 1992 4.5 radiator hoses

Try www.allantesource.com Or Tom Rohner in Los Angeles. www.allantestore.com

Well I have bigger problems than just the hoses. The radiator cannot be repaired because it has plastic side tanks. The real problem is the low coolant sensor in the radiator is not duplicated on replacement radiators. What are people doing for replacement radiators on the 92's?

jim e is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1990.5 allante, 1990 allante

On my 1990 with 4.5 engine, I used a NAPA lower hose. It looked the same as original, except the NAPA one did not have the spring coil on the inside bend like the original did, so I just placed that spring inside the NAPA one and was all set.
    As far as radiator Best bet is to call Dick at allante source

Emailed Dick Hussey about the radiator. Seems there are no exact replacements for the 92 radiator(probably earlier Allante's as well). The difference is that the low coolant sensor on the Allante is a one wire front mounted sensor. The replacement radiators are really for later Cadillac's and are the same except they use a 3 wire rear mounted larger sensor. this of course will not work with the 92 Allante sensor. There are some radiators available with no sensor holes. I purchased one without sensor holes from Rock auto $118 plus $7 freight. Dick said to disable the message at the information center but I think what I will do is ground the sensor wire. Since its a one wire sensor I suspect that will simulate a full coolant tank thereby disabeling the error message.

jim e is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1990.5 allante, 1990 allante

Let us know if the grounding works with that wire to stop message, as most likely I will get to this at some time in the future, as both my allantes have orig radiators.Like anything else the age of these parts will deteriorate

carnut is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1988 Allante' (sold), 1984 Eldorado, 84 Sedan DeVille

On my 91 I found a radiator that had the plug for this sensor in rear. It was in an Eldorado. Moving the sensor to the rear was actually an improvement! Was easier to remove the radiator. I dont recall it having a different diameter bung to screw in the Allante sensor. It simply had a plug in it which I removed.

Back on hoses. I bought the upper hose from Allantesource. Dick told me the upper hose is unique to Allante 87 to 92 .I could not find the upper hose any place else. The lower hose is available at the usual local parts houses.
    Dick also told me the grounding of the sensor will work but he likes to turn off the message because he never has to worry about the wire coming loose. I think i will still ground off the wire. Its no worse than worrying that the wire will come off the sensor.

Well the 92 is back running. The grounding off of the coolant sensor worked fine. No error message. I expected some small leaks that had to be adjusted but there were none. Now I'am tackling the rattling cat converter.

al1029 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 92 allante

Quote Originally Posted by carnut View Post
    Try www.allantesource.com Or Tom Rohner in Los Angeles. www.allantestore.com
    If he orders it from Tom He'll need a jar of Vaseline.
    I don't think it comes with the hose.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.