Is there a "best" oil filter for a '93?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Allante Forum Discussion, Is there a "best" oil filter for a '93? in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; It's getting close to time for me to change the oil and filter on my '93 Allante with a Northstar ...
    Jack M is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '01 Eldo ETC, '92 Allante

Is there a "best" oil filter for a '93?

It's getting close to time for me to change the oil and filter on my '93 Allante with a Northstar engine. I'll continue using Mobil-1, like the former owner used, However, I'm uncertain about which brand of oil filter would be best. The former owner did advise against leaving it up to the Cadillac dealer to decide, as they might install a "short" filter, which won't do the job.

Currently, the car has a correct size K&N oil filter installed. But I recall that a lot of the Northstar Eldorado forum guys aren't too keen on this particular brand, either for an oil filter or an air filter. And, I've not seen in my researches any oil or air filter recommendations for a Northstar Allante.

Since I'm new to Allantes and this particular forum, I was hopeful that some of you gentlemen could provide some opinions. Thanks in advance.

Best regards, Jack M.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Kcryan is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1992 Tripple Black Allante, RIP 98 catera

Re: Is there a "best" oil filter for a '93?

Mobil-1 or Purolator PureOne

Kcryan,

Thanks very much for the tip.

Would you elaborate a little on why the Mobil-1 or Puralator Pure One serves you the best?

Thanks, Jack M.

scourge Guest

Used a K&N oil/air filter on my R32 Skyline. I was very happy.

Bob Rich is offline Cadillac Owners Member

If you can locate one, GM's own UPF58 Gold.

If price doesnt matter, Mobil 1, it has excelent #'s in terms of what % of dirt is picked up, it allows alot of oil to flow, it lasts better than others, and it is just overall very well built, This filter is very similar to the K&N but its filter media is generally considered better.

The best filter for the money (in my opinon) is the Purolator PureOne, it also has excellent ratings across the board, and is just a step down from the M1 but it is a few $$ cheaper. Its pretty too.

For My I30 i use both, depending on prices and sales and such, but usually the PureOne, i also use Mobil 1 synthetic 5-30,

for the allante, i figure its a $64k car and i mgiht as well use the best. It gets Mobil 1 synthetic 10-30 and a M1 filter, i bring this to the dealer and they charge $11 to do the change, cheap in my opinion.

Kcryan,

Thanks for the details!

Jack M.

no problem, you hit on a subject im good with, fluids and filters

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.