It lives !!!!
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Allante Forum Discussion, It lives !!!! in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; as some of you might have read I picked up a 1989 red tan interior in late nov. drove for ...
    silver haired fox is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): allante

It lives !!!!

as some of you might have read I picked up a 1989 red tan interior in late nov. drove for two night's all seemed ok but for the radio just as I was putting away for the winter the brake light came on since then I got a manual to see why, after reading and seeing the what could happen plus cost's of some part's I sat all winter shiting my pant's thinking what have I got into, so today the sun came out went and looked it over noticed the brake fluid was low so stared with the kiss system went to town got some dot 3 filled it put the new battery in car started right away pump ran for 40 or so shut off and light went out shut off started again pump ran 30 shut off NO LIGHT pressed pedal pump buzzed then shut off brakes feel great the car even said good morning I think we are going to get along just fine. Now mother get your ass in gear it's time

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

87phoenix is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1987 Allante

Re: It lives !!!!

glad to hear it was something simple hope sun stays out and everything go's well for you

carnut is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1988 Allante' (sold), 1984 Eldorado, 84 Sedan DeVille

Re: It lives !!!!

Low brake fluid usually means thin brake pads. When its warm enough, pull the front wheels and look at the pads. If worn, dont just push the pads back in the caliper like most any other car. Crack the bleeder screw on the caliper then push the pads back. Pushing the fluid back upstream can contaminate the accumulator and ABS system. Cracking open the bleeder should not require you to then bleed the system.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.