New to Forum
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Allante Forum Discussion, New to Forum in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Hello nice to meet all of you here's what I have 1987 black Allante with 97,000 mi and red int ...
    87phoenix is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1987 Allante

New to Forum

Hello nice to meet all of you here's what I have 1987 black Allante with 97,000 mi and red int this is my 3rd Allante so no stranger to them but as we all know everyone has it's own personality and issues if my exp. can help anyone just ask

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

silver haired fox is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): allante

Re: New to Forum

welcome i'm also new to the allante world I this is my first,a 1989 red, till oct I never new of them but over the winter I got a manual and have been reading and learning as much I can for spring, I've learned that these are a special car with special and dedicated owner's as an owner of three your experience will be a blessing I'd be interested in what were the other's you've had thank's from the great white north

to start my dad was a caddy man and from the day I was old enough to drive he wanted me to get any caddy so when I found the allante I had to have it the first I got in 99 was a red 88 real rough no hard top by all rights a real "POS" lol radio and dash did not work both pull down motors bad and abs problems but was a dream to drive and I was hooked but lost her to my first wife. In 04 I got my 2nd it was a silver 89 in a hole lot better shape my 2nd wife found it on craigslist and her and my dad gave it to me for xmiss I had that one for all most 4 years it had the hard top and everything worked but the radio until the trans went out in 2008 tried to get it replaced but no one would touch it so I sold it against my will so when someone offered to trade this one to me I took it and this one is not that bad everything works radio dash pull down motors abs the only things wrong with it are I need to get the pass side taillight (mine is broken ) and it has a stalling problem I'm having a hard time fixing but not giving up yet I do have the factory manual for 87-88 along with the abs manual I got them after buying the 88

D Yaros is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1955 CDV, 1992 Allante, 1962 Olds 88 Conv

Dick Hussey of FL does not provide service for radios? I would be amazed if he does not.

All Allante owners have to be dedicated! It comes with the territory, is the nature of the beast so-to-speak.

David is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Premium 3.6; 1992 Cadillac Allanté

Dick Hussey does have service for radios; he re-built my 4 speakers and head unit several years ago.

Not sure where the radio thing came from? the 87 I have now the radio works Great ! I had trouble finding someone who would rebuild my trans in my last Allante and that's why I sold it. The only problems I have with my 1987 Allante are the pass side tail light has a bad crack in it and it has a stalling issue cranks fine every time will idle for about 8 to 15min then just dies when I drive it down the road speedo goes nuts system fault light comes on then speedo goes dead and car dies car will start right back up run for a bit then the same I been trying to run thru all the test in the manual but I work 6 days a week and so its slow going is all

Tony S45 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1993 Allante

Glad to see and hear from another new-to-forum Allante owner. I purchased a Polo Green '93 in March 2014 and have been reading and poking at the thing since I bought it attempting to learn as much as I can.

I checked the map and you're a very long way from my end of Viginia. but if I can help find parts, etc. for you let me know. Craigslist here in VA periodically has a few Allantes for sale and sometimes a few parts for sale as well.

Tony S45

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.