Cadillac Allante Forum Discussion, Tower removal and radio revamping in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I have decided I am going to take the old stuff out of the tower as far as the radio ...
- 10-31-13 06:57 PM #1Cadillac Owners Member
- Automobile(s): 1990 Allante
- Join Date
- Oct 2013
- Hickory NC
Tower removal and radio revamping
I have decided I am going to take the old stuff out of the tower as far as the radio controls go along with CD and tape player. But as usual I have some questions.
1. How many electrical connections are there on the tower?
2. If I remove the radio ability can I still use the warning section. Or if I unplug is everything lost.
3. Where is the harness plugged in to the tower?
4. If I have to unplug everything is there a way to by pass the wanted circuits and isolate only the unwanted ones.
I have not removed the tower yet. Weather is bad. Just trying to get my thoughts aligned before I tear into it.
Anything I need to know before I start? I am going to remove only the radio and the controls. The rest I will leave alone .
I am going to run new wires to the speakers and such instead of trying to track everything down.
Any one have a wiring diagram of the tower circuits?
Am I crazy for doing this?
+ Reply to Thread
Gear in this thread - Powered by O'Reilly Auto Parts
- PowerTorque Tools - Long Arm Hex Key SAE
Long Arm Hex Key SAE - 13 Pcs SAE Long Arm Hex Key Set; With Storage Container
- PowerTorque Tools - Flare Nut Wrench Set
Flare Nut Wrench Set - 3 Piece; SAE; Includes: 3/8" X 7/16", 1/2" X 9/16" & 5/8" X 11/16"
- PowerTorque Tools - Ratchet Handle & Socket Set
Ratchet Handle & Socket Set - 14 Piece; 1/4" Drive Ratchet Handle & Metric Socket Set