89 allante pass. window/button cluster drivers side
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Allante Forum Discussion, 89 allante pass. window/button cluster drivers side in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Gentlemen, I've had my 89 now for a few months, enjoying the ride and the car overall. Everything works in ...
    masmas is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 89 allante red soft top, subaru outback for the winter

89 allante pass. window/button cluster drivers side

Gentlemen,

I've had my 89 now for a few months, enjoying the ride and the car overall. Everything works in a way. My goal this summer is to clear up the minor issues and do some accessorizing next year. It looks like the drivers door panel has been removed in the past, the seat set/memory buttons (u/s) seem pushed below the underside of the cover and the pass. window lever has little resistance to the touch. the drivers side button window lever works fine. The passenger side window button stopped working a few weeks ago while the drivers side pass. button works intermittently (little resistance). Noticed this week end with the pass. window down, when closing the drivers door, the pass. window went up automatically . Replace the whole button(s) unit on the door?
    Comments?

mas

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

OffThaHorseCEO is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2004 Cadillac SRX V8 AWD, 1989 Cadillac Allanté: Pearl White

Re: 89 allante pass. window/button cluster drivers side

are you familiar with removing the driver window switch?

if so remove the switch...CAREFULLY.
    There are a couple of plastic tabs that hold the top and bottom of the switch together, they must be broken, causing the switch to seperate, which is why your memory seat buttons are "sunken".

if everything is in place and you hope to never have to opent he switch again, you can hold the switch together by hand and test to make sure the functions work properly. If they do you may use epoxy and a clamp to seal the switch halves together.

HOWEVER, these switches get dirty and need maintenance, a better option is to use tiny screws, two on the front and two on the back to screw the top and bottom together. This way when you need to open it up you dont have to deal with hardened epoxy.

if you need help removing the switch, please reply

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.