Questions, New (to me) 90 AllantÚ
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Allante Forum Discussion, Questions, New (to me) 90 AllantÚ in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Just picked up a 90 model and it runs great. The only things that are irking me are in the ...
    AllanteFarina is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1975 Coupe Deville, 1990 AllantÚ

Questions, New (to me) 90 AllantÚ

Just picked up a 90 model and it runs great. The only things that are irking me are in the driver's module. These are some of the messages displayed:

Change Oil (Oil was just changed)
    Service Engine Soon
    Traction Disabled
    ABS Disabled

And the radio hums for awhile, then plays thru one speaker (passenger side.)

Also, I thought that for 1990 it was supposed to have the Bose sound system, but this one has the AC Delco "Symphony Surround" system. Does this mean the original was possibly replaced at one time?

Thank you in advance.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

MoistCabbage is online now Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Crimson 2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP)
    Quote Originally Posted by AllanteFarina
    Change Oil (Oil was just changed)
    You need to reset the OLM manually.Do you have an owners manual?

Service Engine Soon
    Traction Disabled
    ABS Disabled
    You need to pull your codes. Go to either the Eldorado/Seville, or FWD Deville/Fleetwood forum, and read the "sticky" thread on how to pull codes. List any codes you may have, AND THEIR DEFINITIONS, here (there's a link within the sticky to code definitions).

I'm not familiar with the Allante stereo systems.

BTW,

Buster28 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2000 ETC 18K miles, 1991 Allante 11K miles, 1996 ETC (sold)

Re: Questions, New (to me) 90 AllantÚ

I am reasonably sure the sound system in your 90 is the same as my 91. Mine is Bose and is labeled Symphony on the faceplate as well. In this system each Bose speaker has a dedicated amplifier controlled by a "receiver'' located behind the glove box. The receiver is controlled by the buttons on the DIC over a data bus. Over the years the capacitors in the amplifiers have leaked causing the amplifiers to fail. In some instances the amplifiers can be brought back to life by replacing the capacitors.

Traction control can be turned Off by disconnecting the electrical wire that loops through the spare tire. Since the spare is not the correct size, traction control needed to be Off when in use and to remove the spare you needed to disconnect the wire.

ABS disabled indicates the Anti-Lock brake system is probably inoperative. This vehicle uses a Bosch III ABS system and on 90-92 the Traction Control and ABS are integrated. This system uses a very high pressure hydraulic system MAKE SURE you understand how it works before taking anything apart. Check this link for more info: www.allantesource.com/techtips.htm.

D Yaros is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1955 CDV, 1992 Allante, 1962 Olds 88 Conv

You need to invest in the Allante FSM. Try locating one on eBay.

AllanteFarina is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1975 Coupe Deville, 1990 AllantÚ

Thanks for the replies fellas. I'm going to get to work on some of the things I've read here.

@D Yaros, I have a Service Manual for an '89 but it doesn't seem to address anything on my '90 model except for resetting the Oil Change light.

Also, I have a new problem. The back of the convertible top doesn't seem to want to meet the motorized latch. I know the latch moves up and down on its own but it no longer seems to work by pressing the rocker switch behind the drivers seat. There's about a one inch gap where the back of the convertible top should meet the latch.

OffThaHorseCEO is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2004 Cadillac SRX V8 AWD, 1989 Cadillac AllantÚ: Pearl White

can you post pics of your convertible top issue?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.