1988 Black Allante Gone in 30 days
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Allante Forum Discussion, 1988 Black Allante Gone in 30 days in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I have a 1988 Black Allante. Late last summer I installed an intake gasket on it and afterwards found out ...
    Yogi80 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Allante

Exclamation 1988 Black Allante Gone in 30 days

I have a 1988 Black Allante. Late last summer I installed an intake gasket on it and afterwards found out that the block has probably warped as there is coolant in the crankcase.

30 days from today, I am calling a scrap yard and sell it as it sits. However there are are a ton of nice parts on it to the point if the engine was good, the car would be 100% solid. No dents, hardtop is perfect as well as the interior. All the lights on it are solid as well.

If I found a decent engine I would put it in and drive it with no fear.

If you are interested, please let me know and perhaps we can work something out, but the car is gone 30 days from now whether it becomes scrap or someone takes it.

Yogi 80

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

MoistCabbage is online now Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Crimson 2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP)
    .....A warped block?

You REALLY need to find a new mechanic.

cadillac kevin is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): chevy 350 powered 86 FWB, 00 safari h.t. 66 toro, 83 lesabre

Re: 1988 Black Allante Gone in 30 days

^this....also, hw hard can it be to find a 4.x engine? the cars with it in them are still very common

MoistCabbage is online now Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Crimson 2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP)
    The Allante's 4.5 was different from the other 4.5s. Some part swapping would be needed, but nothing too major.

Yogi80 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Allante

The Block is indeed warped. This is the infamous 4100 all aluminum block. Southwest Engines tell me that they have a used one that has been pressured tested and comes with a 3 year 36K mile warranty. The kicker is that Southwest engines has many BBB cases against them and I am not ready to fight over $1,000.00.

I am an ASE Master Certified technician and this is a story of the shoe cobbler. I do not have the extra time to put into this car right now and I am not working around it any longer.

Everything on the car works like new except the engine and I am not going to "swap" the 4.1 with a 4.5 too much work.

27 days and counting...

cadmat is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1988 Allante.

What color is the interior? whats the condition of it?( the interior) would you sell individual pieces?
    Thanks, Matt
    cadmat at yahoo dot com if you'd like to contact me off line

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.