Newbie with radio problem ^^^ Help!!!!
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Allante Forum Discussion, Newbie with radio problem ^^^ Help!!!! in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Hey ,I'm new to this site and just got a 1990 Allante.The car is in pretty good shape,but has a ...
    bobbo1220 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Newbie with radio problem ^^^ Help!!!!

Hey ,I'm new to this site and just got a 1990 Allante.The car is in pretty good shape,but has a few small isuues.the most important one being the radio,At full volume,the sound is very, very low.I have read some post and I keep hearing the phone option may be causeing this?If any one has had this problem and knows of anything I can do to correct this I would great appreciate the help.This is my first caddy and so far I like it.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Allante North * is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 1993 Triple Black Allante

Re: Newbie with radio problem ^^^ Help!!!!

If your in NJ, you might want to track down John Monzo with the Delaware Valley Allante Group. John is in Turnersville, NJ and is a great source for Allante parts and advice. He eats, sleeps, and lives for Allantes.

Your problem sounds like the Bose Speakers may need re-building. The pre-amps are prone to go out on those speakers and they do sound great when working correctly.

Good Luck and welcome,

Don

Steven Krieger is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I have an 89 and that sounds like the problem. You can also send the speakers to Bose.
    John Monzo is a valuable Allante source. His Cell number is 609-643-6518

BOODER is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 90 ALLANTE,2-72 CPE,71 SEDAN,69 SEDAN,2-69 ELDO,68 ELDO

Same Problem Here-no Sound. Some Previous Owner Replaced Or Installed Non-bose Speakers In The Rear. I Don't Know If The 1990 Came With Rear Speakers But I Sure Wished My Fronts Worked .. There Should Be Somewhere To Test Them.

Dennis1 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

If your tape or cd player works ok you will need a new radio module behind the glove box.

The tape and the CD both work,but also with low volume .But I just found out that the previous owner removed the rear speakers.Can I just replace them with non-Bose speakers?

Dennis1 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

If your front speakers are loud enough then your radio amp. is ok and your rear speakers are bad acct. they were not installed with the boise speakers.The boise speakers require a connection to a pre amp. If your front speakers are not loud enough and the pre amps. are good you will need to replace radio.

Allantesource is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

The easiest and best thing to do is to have your Bose speaker amps rebuilt. The problem is not the speakers. It is the amp boards in the speaker enclosures. If anyone has tried replacing just the speakers themselves with something else, they will not work, at least not for very long. The Bose speakers have different impedance. If you don't have any amps where they should be, perhaps we can find some for you. The Bose amps are problematic in Corvettes, Infinitis, and other high end cars that use them. This problem runs across the Bose line, and is not unique to Allante's. Failure symptoms are low volume, no sound at all, popping when first turned on, and screeching. We can get them rebuilt within a couple days. Receivers too. Also Allante' CD players and cassette players- anything to do with the original stereo system. The speaker amps after rebuilding are as good or better than when they were new. Installing top quality components on the boards makes a big difference in longevity.

Kcryan is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1992 Tripple Black Allante, RIP 98 catera

I had them rebuilt earlier this year by Mr. hussey aka allante source and there great the sound is better than i expected from that era.

Thanks for all the responses!I do not have rear speakers in the car,they were removed by the previous owner does any one know where I can get a set for resonable price?also the car may be for sale soon if anyone is interested?(TO MANY PROJECTS)could use the cash for the bronco I am restoring.It haas 75k,red newer tires and runs great

THANKS AGAIN

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.