Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Looking for a hardtop for a phase II 1990 Allante wih pull down motors

2K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  GeminiII 
#1 ·
Hello membership!
I bought a phase II '90 Allante about 1.5 years ago as a project car. Project is not the word for the headaches I am going through to get the car in decent shape. Where do I begin.............? I replaced headlights, had hell removing the DIC, replaced the AC and information modules in the DIC, replaced the alternator and idler pulleys, replaced the instrument cluster, replaced the 4.5 L motor, paid to restore electrical system after motor installer blew it up ($1000), bought new low profile tires for non-stock rims on the car, had to repaint car and marred rims, repaired rear pull down motor, replaced power antenna, rebuilt ruined console, replaced blown after market radio in glove box, installed led lighting in cabin, replaced trunk pull down motor, aligned driver door, covered worn seats, cleaned and detailed the soft top, replaced carpeting, carbon fibered the rear deck, replaced muffler and tip. undercoated the chassis, and now am begging you experts to find a phase I hardtop for a reasonable price that I will have to mod to fit my phase II since the money is gone and I cant afford a phase II hardtop............Can any of you SME's out there help?

Desperate GeminiII

#2 ·
I just sold my 1992 Allante and the buyer did not want the Hard Top. It is an authentic Phase II, not a Phase I modified to fit. The exterior is Red and the headliner is Beige - the headliner was recently replaced by AllanteSource. The rubber moldings are all good. Are you anywhere near Central Florida?

#8 ·
Thanks members,
I located a phase I top in excellent condition and am picking it up today from paint shop. I will perform the mod for converting it to my phase II car weather permitting. Now I just need to find some nice black leather seats, a left hand arm rest with controllers, and so on.......................

GeminiII

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.