Engine Miss comes and goes
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Allante Forum Discussion, Engine Miss comes and goes in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Hi I have an 89 that developed a distinct miss, that I have not been able to track down. Sometimes ...
    coupe930 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 89 Allante

Engine Miss comes and goes

Hi I have an 89 that developed a distinct miss, that I have not been able to track down. Sometimes it misses and sometimes it doesn't. Of course, if you try to check the engine, it runs on all 8 cylinders. I have replaced the plugs and plug wires and have suspected an injector but haven't been able to diagnose anything at all. Has anyone else had a problem of this sort? It is bad enough that you don't want to drive it because it will start missing. It does not happen reliably enough to have a relationship to how long the engine has been running, engine temp or speed. There are no codes showing.

Frustrated.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

carnut is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1988 Allante' (sold), 1984 Eldorado, 84 Sedan DeVille

Re: Engine Miss comes and goes

First thing to check is that all the connectors to the injectors are fully seated. Make sure by pulling on all of them. Do you have a factory service manual? With the manual you can short out each injector to help isolate the cylinder affected.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.