parting a '93
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Allante Forum Discussion, parting a '93 in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I am sending this note to let you know that I will be parting out my pearl white '93 due ...
    wcoates is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1989 Red Allante,

parting a '93

I am sending this note to let you know that I will be parting out my pearl white '93 due to mechanical problems with the Northstar engine and tranny. Body is excellent -not a door ding anywhere.

Call me or text (330-559-6690) or email me (coat1971@aol.com) to inquire about parts (or if you want the free facsimile Allante window sticker). Will be looking for a strong 4.5 '89-'92 after the parting dust settles.

Let me know.

BILL COATES
    coat1971@aol.com

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

V8V
    V8V is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Re: parting a '93

I wish the car was closer to me. I've wanted one of these for years. The weather in Michigan has finally turned, and I've got a serious itch to wrench on a 'what was I thinking' project car.

I hope you can find someone to save her instead of parting it out. Good luck.

V8V

KrisK is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1996 Fleetwood Brougham; 1993 Pinninfarina Allante

How much for the complete car? How many miles on it?

UPDATE

anyone thinking parting an Allante would be fun-please think again!!!! The following are off the car and ready to be boxed and shipped:

both tail light - both head light - top pull down - grille - digital instrument cluster - center console plus ashtray - DIC (COMBO Panel ) - both window switches - both outside power mirror - center tail light - header motors -trunk pull down - rear radio receiver and antennae - rear speakers - washer tank - rear amplifiers - dash vents - dash light swith - dash wiper switch - convertible top glass side windows -manual (hook) phase one top latches - one of 10 sets of Bill Spies hardtop adapters - aftermarket rear view directional mirror - some weathers strip - red whole car accent strip

Am getting ready for the annual Florida spring trip (wife visits family and I plan on road trip looking at Florida Allantes) so will think about starting to put on Ebay upon return.

body parts -hood, trunk. both doors ( will probably strip to get at components) both front fenders both bumper covers grille ALL IN EXCELLENT CONDITION are off the car and will go to garage rafters until needed.

still have hardtop and CTS chrome wheels (5 total-one never out of box) and '93 original standard wheels

Thoughts on trying to get windshield out?

Any weird things you need taken off? (93 brakes)

Wife has asked not to buy new Allante 'til carcass is hauled away so anyone interested in a rolling chassis with bad engine and tranny but great rear quarters -average dash-working tilt wheel ? Naw didn't think so!

MoistCabbage is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Crimson 2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP)
    Quote Originally Posted by wcoates
    Thoughts on trying to get windshield out?
    You can get a windshield cutout wire tool at most body shop supply shops. Even with the right tool (and the knowledge to use it properly), it won't be fun, and won't be easy. Personally, I wouldn't bother, considering that most people have glass coverage anyway.

picah65 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): none

sent an e-mail about a few parts I need
    thanks

Guys thanks to all who have responded to parts request and yesterday marked the completion of the tear down function of the ’93. I now will weigh, take pictures and box parts. Will respond to all previous requests and hope to be selling much to club members and old acquaintances before thinking of using Ebay.
    The gentleman who bought the carcass is the gentleman who bought the 90.5 carcass in 2009. His name is Dave Bayowski of Mahoning Auto in Youngstown. 330-718-6200 or 330-538-3246..
    He is the gentleman who runs a swap meet at our fairgrounds 3 times a year. He’s a real car guy looking forward to the requests for suspension parts, oil lines and engine components, windshield that my aching 65 year old back wouldn’t let me get to. The hunt for the replacement Allante should start soon.
    Available parts 4-21-2012
    Both tail light - both head light - top pull down - grille - digital instrument cluster - center console plus ashtray - DIC (Combo Panel ) - both window switches - both outside power mirror - center tail light - header motors -trunk pull down - rear radio receiver and antennae - rear speakers-door speakers-tweeters - rear amplifiers - dash vents - dash light switch - dash wiper switch - convertible top glass side windows - one of 10 sets of Bill Spies hardtop adapters - aftermarket rear view directional mirror - some weathers strip - red whole car accent strip-brake module-body control module (bcm)-power train (ecm/pcm) module-suspension module-gas door-center console .

Both doors have been stripped to get at components- this means that available are both sides upper and lower trim panels (Mauve and natural beige) , door modules, side mirrors, window regulator and motor assembly and both sides of window glass and window trim pieces..

Body parts -hood, trunk, both front fenders, both bumper covers, grille ALL IN EXCELLENT CONDITION are off the car and will be stored until needed.

Still have CTS chrome wheels (5 total-one never out of box).

Thanks for your patience.

Bill Coates
    330-559-6690
    coat1971@aol.com

04vman is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac
    I need some parts. I just acquired a '93 Allante. I need a good tranny and some miscellaneous interior parts. Please pm me what parts you have available still. Thank you

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.