Got screwed over on E Bay so HELP !!! - Page 5
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
Like Tree3Likes
Cadillac Allante Forum Discussion, Got screwed over on E Bay so HELP !!! in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; hey thats a good idea. i thought about that a few times too but never really put MUCH thought into ...
    OffThaHorseCEO is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2004 Cadillac SRX V8 AWD, 1989 Cadillac Allanté: Pearl White

Re: Got screwed over on E Bay so HELP !!!

hey thats a good idea. i thought about that a few times too but never really put MUCH thought into it..hmmm. also have a 4

iirc correctly, there are six connections at each harness, input +,-, output +,-, power, gnd

so obviously our 4 chan amp will be powered and grounded already
    we could use the "input" wires that go to the bose amps and instead run them to the 4 channel amp
    then connect the output wires from the 4 channel amp to the harness again. this would save us from having to run wires through the door. we could just use the existing harness.
    theres an "aux input mod" we can do to the stereo system so i could still use my blackberry dell streak or playbook

Dajudge55 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS, 2011 SRX, 1989 Allante

Ilooked at the dash and Im VERY low on fuel. Door wont open to put in fuel. I will track down why but now I need to know if there is a manual release to the fuel door.
    Thanks,
    Dajudge

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)
    Should be in the trunk
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members deals on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

I want to thank everyone with all ur help but this Allante was just toooo far gone for me to mess with. I had 4600.00 in it and sold it for 1500.00 and felt I was taking advantage of the buyer. At least I told him all the problems and told him to go home for a day and think it over. If he still wanted it OK. He came back the next day with the $. Next time I will know what to look for on an Allante. Again thanks for all the help. Now if I can find someone that needs a nice white top with a broken rear window.

dajudge (larry)

WOW! wish i woulda gotten that deal.

Moose123 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1988 Allante

You have some problems but you may have great fun getting this thing prettied up. Manuals (shop and what comes with the vehicle) are available on line. I have an 88 and got a new windshield last year. It is a Pilkington DW1104. It cost about $250 through an independent company.

You have helped me so much that I would not have been able to sleep if I had sold it to u at any price. By the way can I get a couple of hundred for the top that I still have ????

ive seen em go for as high as $1k BUT thats very rare. you also mentioned yours is missing the back glass. i think 300 would be fair for both parties if its in good shape otherwise.

(IF i had the extra cash) i would have gladly paid the asking price and insisted you not lose any sleep over it.

if i ended up not wanting to bother with it i would have made the money back on parts

Thanks for the answers again. I will put the top on sale for 300.00 just to get it gone. Paint and inside are great!! tHANKS AGAIN.

lARRY

Trulytex is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1975 Eldo Convertible, 1987 Allante, 2004 Black Escalade

I live in Florida and consider the Hard Top a Novelty as well as a storage problem for most. I own a Self Storage complex, so mine is in an air conditioned storage unit, leaning against the hard top for my 1990 Corvette. I will never install either on the car ever again. But that is the great thing about the Sunshine State. I only drive the Allante' or the Vette on nice top-down-days.

KrisK is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1996 Fleetwood Brougham; 1993 Pinninfarina Allante

Cool...I have an Allante and a Corvette too!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Trulytex View Post
    I live in Florida and consider the Hard Top a Novelty as well as a storage problem for most. I own a Self Storage complex, so mine is in an air conditioned storage unit, leaning against the hard top for my 1990 Corvette. I will never install either on the car ever again. But that is the great thing about the Sunshine State. I only drive the Allante' or the Vette on nice top-down-days.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.