Got screwed over on E Bay so HELP !!! - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
Cadillac Allante Forum Discussion, Got screwed over on E Bay so HELP !!! in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; He also didnt tell me the front windshield was broken. As far as doing anything about it I did call ...
    Dajudge55 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS, 2011 SRX, 1989 Allante

Re: Got screwed over on E Bay so HELP !!!

He also didnt tell me the front windshield was broken. As far as doing anything about it I did call E bay and they said they only would cover an item if it was less than 10 years old. All they are working on is trying to get the title for me.

Been trying to put ragtop down but when I unhook it up front and raise boot it goes about half way and stops. Is there a button or lever or some devise I must move to let it go the remainder. By the way I tried to set parking brake and check button to see if that is the cause of the lite and surprise, the brake is not even connected.

OffThaHorseCEO is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2004 Cadillac SRX V8 AWD, 1989 Cadillac Allanté: Pearl White

heres a video about top operation. Johnny Monzo is comparable to Dick Hussey in the Allanté "scene". They both know tons about allantes and sell allante parts.

the big difference between this video and your car it the front latches. Mid year 1990 (known as 90.5) the latches on the front changed to motorized latches.

you may also notice a slight difference in boot cover appearance and switch locations

RippyPartsDept is online now Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

didn't see it on ebay, but found it here
    http://www.usedcarsplus.com/classic-...703546151.html
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members deals on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

Red face Re: Got screwed over on E Bay so HELP !!!

Gotta tell you that the short film about the top cleared up so much for me. I want to thank u again for ur help. Now if there were clips on seats and doors and a few other things it would be great.
    I got a price of $280.00 for a new windshield. Does that sound about right ???

i put a link when you first started the thread to a brand new windshield for 150.

http://allante.us/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?num=1307553260

y
    ou may have to register but thats not a bad thing. its a dedicated allante forum with guys much more knowledgeable than i am. also, you can get more opinions than just me and reuben44

give me more specific questions about operatin of things and ill try to make some videos.

I will and thanks again. I will reg. on site.
    I will have a key tomorrow so I can open the trunk. I would like to know about fuses. I found the ones under ashtray but there are no labels.
    Are fuses any other places? Its a 1989.

rueben44 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Maxi fuses are in the trunk near the antenna and a few more near the battery. I heard so much about the top and it stumped me also till I finally got it. Now it is so simple and easy to operate it is not the nightmare that you hear on boards...at least for a 90 model.

Quote Originally Posted by rueben44 View Post
    I heard so much about the top and it stumped me also till I finally got it. Now it is so simple and easy to operate it is not the nightmare that you hear on boards...at least for a 90 model.
    if i have a reason to i can get it up in less than a minute...

Quote Originally Posted by Dajudge55 View Post
    I will and thanks again. I will reg. on site.
    I will have a key tomorrow so I can open the trunk. I would like to know about fuses. I found the ones under ashtray but there are no labels.
    Are fuses any other places? Its a 1989.
    my owners manual is conveniently inside my apartment right now. ill take some pics of the page that details the fuse locations and functions when i get home.

if the pic doesnt come out clear enough ill type it out

Thanks again for the help !!!

Smile Re: Got screwed over on E Bay so HELP !!!

I do have a couple more questions.

1. The drivers window works slow but at least it works. The pass. window makes a clicking sound and does not move.

2. The seats work in one or two positions but not all. Are there several motors on each seat.

Getting a key made for the trunk today. I guess $40.00 is worth because I need help trying to get out when I try to get in from the front.

3. There is a button below the (2) rocker switches behind drivers seat. Looks like a place for a key on this button. Dont know what its for but I guess its not important because when I opened the side panel, its not connected to anything.

I forgot to ask one more thing. Can u replace only the lense one the headlites since they work fine but have cracked lense ???

rueben44 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

The button I am speaking of is near the rear interior light that is behind the driver seat and placed into the top of the underpass area. You may or may not have this depending on your year. When it comes to the passenger window clicking it seems that the window may be sticking or something is off track and that is why it is making that sound. You will have to open the panel and check it out.

When it comes to the driver seat I would take it out and clean the buttons and spray them because this car seems to have a lot of issues with connectors corroding much like a BMW of the same year. On the driver window I would do the same thing open the panel and clean anything that moves with electrical spray and oil it.

you can replace just the lens

the button is in fact a keyhole, you would use the trunk key once you have it. It allows you to remove the panels and access the manual fuel door release

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.