Considering an Allante, Deville, or an Eldorado -- your experience and opinion?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Allante Forum Discussion, Considering an Allante, Deville, or an Eldorado -- your experience and opinion? in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I am considering a purchase of a classic Cadillac for weekend driving and for just the enjoyment of caring for ...
    caddymark is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Considering an Allante, Deville, or an Eldorado -- your experience and opinion?

I am considering a purchase of a classic Cadillac for weekend driving and for just the enjoyment of caring for and pampering a beautiful car. I would drive this car only occasionally but would maintain it thoroughly.
    The cars I am considering are a 91 - 93 Allante (prefer the white/maroon or triple black) or a 1975-78 Eldorado (coupe or convertible) or a 1988 Cadillac DeVille (had one before -- was a terrific driver and great car).

I am seeking feedback from Cadillac owners and lovers about these models. I am not concerned about "collectibility" or future value. The car I purchase will be around $5-6K -- just a clean, nice older model. The joy I will get will be in keeping it looking original and nice.

Any suggestions? advice on these models? any models you have seen for sale that I should consider? Thank you for your help!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

OffThaHorseCEO is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2004 Cadillac SRX V8 AWD, 1989 Cadillac Allanté: Pearl White

Re: Considering an Allante, Deville, or an Eldorado -- your experience and opinion?

i personally hate that body style deville. thats just MY opinion so take it for what its worth. Id go Allante or ElDorado

rueben44 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Re: Considering an Allante, Deville, or an Eldorado -- your experience and opinion?

Ok about 2 years ago I owned a white on grey 88 Deville with 73K on the clock. It looked like show room floor new once I buffed it because it had sat in the garage for over 10 years. Boy was it silky smooth and I loved to valet because they would always cream over how clean and nice it drove. Till this day I regret selling it and everyone I know tells me occasionally I was stupid. Having owned the Allante I have for a month I have to say......I miss the Deville more. No doubt the Allante is the real collector and gets attention all the time. Maybe once I get it running better I will love it more but for now I have a love hate thing with it as I complete one issue another one pops up. Honestly you have to go with what moves you more inside. That is what will keep you going through the tuff times of keeping the car up. Here is a image of my old baby just for old times sake!

Ok so what kind of car are you getting.......?

m0ng0 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1993 Allante, 1973 Eldorado Convertible

I just bought a 93 Allante this weekend, and have been all smiles since I started driving it!

I guess it depends on what you are looking for in a car, I also have a 73 Eldo Convertible (that I will now sell) and owned a 99 DeVille a few years ago. The Eldo is just such a chore to drive, its just not fun for me anymore, even with a 500 its underpowered, gets horrible gas mileage, its size is absolutely monstrous and it handles like a school bus. I liked it for a while but now that I have the Allante which IMO is a total package type car I no longer even want to drive the Eldo, the Deville was nice as it had the Northstar, but it was a boxy 4 door that looked quite generic to most people. Find what makes you happy!

See everyone has one just like a you know what. The Allante looks more like a box to me than the Deville did and I loved the protruding tail lamps like the Eldorado had without being small. Also I owned a Deville with a Northstar a few years ago, car addiction, while it was very nice it guzzled gas but my 4.5 liter was such a nice balance I hate GM gave that motor up for head gasket issues. Still I purchased my injectors today for the Allante and hopefully they will come by the weekend so I can get a little more out of the old Italian.

Mongo can we see some pictures of the new car?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.