Have you locked your keys in your trunk?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Allante Forum Discussion, Have you locked your keys in your trunk? in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Ok given that this section of CF is kind on grinding to a halt I think it is important to ...
    rueben44 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Have you locked your keys in your trunk?

Ok given that this section of CF is kind on grinding to a halt I think it is important to log problems and solutions for those that come later and need help and have to search for answers. Last night I was rushing and locked my keys in the trunk. I called the dealer and went my two key shops with the glove box in hand trying to get a key made that would at least open the trunk for me as my spare is still on the ring....ok I know. Any way I called a guy out because he quoted $50 bucks and no charge if he could not open it. What sucks is his solution passed my mind and I did not try it.

Lock your keys in the trunk and all you have to do is hook power to the positive wire that is on the back of the trunk release button and it will pop the trunk release. The guy did not have any long wire so he just hooked some long cables up to the boosting point under the hood and touched the wire with the other positive end and there you have it. I was sick because that had crossed my mind and would not have cost me anything to do.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

OffThaHorseCEO is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2004 Cadillac SRX V8 AWD, 1989 Cadillac Allanté: Pearl White

Re: Have you locked your keys in your trunk?

man that sucks

does the battery cover panel and the other side panel still have the lock on them?

KrisK is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1996 Fleetwood Brougham; 1993 Pinninfarina Allante

Expensive lesson, but at least it worked out well for you.

Ieradi is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1992 Allante

I keep a hide-away set that I got from the prior owner on the car. Saved me more than once especially when I have locked the keys in the car (they auto lock with the Viper remote start) after starting and getting out.

Yea I am going to get that little black magnet box also I had it on an Audi once and it saved me more than once also.

Allantesource is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

What's even simpler: pull the wires off the back of both the fuel door button and the trunk release buttons, and by trial and error use the always hot lead from the fuel door button to jumper the solenoid wire on the trunk release button.

Ah yes that is a good one I did not even think of that. Since we have a real life Allante tech chiming in may I ask something? What causes the occasional glitch of the a/c switching to the defroster and no a/c controls working? Just asking....

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.