So who is left on the board?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
Cadillac Allante Forum Discussion, So who is left on the board? in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; As someone that has followed this board a while before getting the car this month I have noticed a trend.....downward. ...
    rueben44 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

So who is left on the board?

As someone that has followed this board a while before getting the car this month I have noticed a trend.....downward. What I mean is I guess most people have moved on to other cars or something because post are getting far and in between. Sure you may be 100 views but no one is going to answer LOL!

So once again can we do a little check in?

Like I'm in Houston,TX
    90 Allante with 83K
    I've just owned it a month and it is burning through my pockets.
    tomorrow I'm doing shocks all around, Vacuum thing on the transmission and replacing the
    oil filter because it is leaking. I get more and more fond of the car as I drive it and boy
    it gets more attention than I thought it would have.

Ok if there is anyone out there....

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

OffThaHorseCEO is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2004 Cadillac SRX V8 AWD, 1989 Cadillac AllantÚ: Pearl White

Re: So who is left on the board?

im here!

i check this section everyday at least one a day, not much activity here like you said.

heres my AllantÚ. Shes an 89 with 90k. The paint was scuffed on the doors so i repainted it

I put some aftermarket wheels on that i understand arent everybodys cup of tea but i like them and they are attention grabbers. heres a better shot

and one with the top down

Yea I check by once a day also and....it is dead. What size are those rims I really like them. My buddy has a hardtop and after he has been looking at my car he has decided to fix his up. I really thought I would have been able to grab it from him.
    Here is a pic of the wheels I plan on buying in 18's. After toiling on installing the shocks all around today I am calling it quits and going to the shop in the morning.

Anyone else around

Thanks, the wheels are 20's

I "lucked out" and found them already painted white with the red strip, they are supposed to be black with the aluminum "lip"

i like the wheels you posted too, are those 2/3 piece?

my car is out of commission right now, i started some maintenance a bit too late on my only day off, got the engine tilted exhaust manifold bolts out and the cat bolts out but cant get the cat or manifolds off. it got dark and i gave up.

when i get more time to finish i'll be replacing the exhaust manifold gaskets, spark plugs, plug wires, gutting the cat, replacing the lower heater hose and general clean up.

No they are a single cast. I understand your situation with running out of time that is how I end up almost every time I am doing work. I have gotten mine to idle well but I am having issues with it running a little ruff when going into second. Oh well I guess I will just have to spend the money to get it running better. So I want to know what your ride quality is like because even though I want 18" I would love some 19's even more.

well, to be 100% percent honest, it didnt degrade my quality one bit. ride height is still the same and the ride is still what i was used to.

HOWEVER, my front suspension has needed work since i got the car, so that could be why i didnt notice a difference, it was probably already as bad as it was gonna get.

maybe you can take the car to one of those rent a wheel places, they usually have first week free promotions, just have them throw any set of 19's on and see how you like the ride. then take em back and tell em you didnt like the ride.

LOL! That is to funny but a good idea. Well man looks like we are it no one else is left here. I guess without a support system the Allante's will be phasing out and into history.

On a side note I did 3 of my shocks today and boy is the ride so much nicer. If I can get the car to just run better off the line it would be a dream.

i hate to link a competing board but try this

http://allante.us/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl

or google allante net. its not poppin by any means but theres more activity there and its an all allante forum. there are a few gurus there who have parted multiple allantes and know the finer details.

my name there is Martin

oh yea I have been meaning to email my registration but did not have my vin on hand to complete it. I will do that today and will look for you on that forum also.

m0ng0 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1993 Allante, 1973 Eldorado Convertible

I just purchased a 93 so I will be here all the time, reading lurking and learning all I can about these beautiful cars !

congrats on your purchase! hope you enjoy your allante and post LOTS of pics

Yea congrats and as I said in another thread post some pictures.

larry3828 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX AWD Premium, 1993 Allante

I'm new here, too. Hate to think I've just gotten on a board and now it's going away. Anyway, I've owned a red 93 with tan interior for about two years now. It was originally owned by my mother-in-law who decided it would be a good idea to give it to my son when he graduated from high school. Not!! I warned her it wasn't a good idea, but she did it anyway and he proceeded to try to destroy it for the next couple of years. He thought it was a hot rod and would race people in it and he had three accidents with it--all pretty minor. The last one required the replacement of the left front fender and headlight and dents needed to be fixed on both rear quarter panels and pretty much the whole thing needed to be repainted. I finally took it from him and gave him $10k to put down on an F-150 quad cab which he stills has 2+ years later and loves it. The truth is that I lusted after it when she had it and wanted to buy it from her when she got tired of it. So it worked out pretty good for me. It had just over 21k miles on it when she gave it to him and now it is around 31.5K miles. I've put about 3000 miles on it in the 2+ years I've had it, but it has issues and I will be picking the brains of those of you on here hopefully to try to get it back in the shape I'd like to see it in.

Lord Cadillac is offline Cadillac Maniac
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Escalade

I don't think there's much Allante discussion going on anywhere, honestly. There were some serious issues between a few very active members on other Allante forums years ago - and after that fallout, a lot was lost. I'd love to see more Allante talk but, honestly, it's unlikely to happen at this point...
    Have an iPhone? Than you can get involved right now. Click here to download Cars Connected.

The unfortunate thing is that knowledge and especially parts for the allante are so rare that people are trying to privatize it for profit. The biggest response to almost any questions involving a minor fix is "call dick hussey/johnny monzo/tom rohner he'll have the part". Most people want to try a fix first. Most issues on AllantÚs have been addressed hundred of times and dont always need parts to fix. Unfortunately without the proper advice or a good FSM people attempt a fix blindly or dont attempt it at all. This sacrifices the integrity of these cars and decreases their value.

The people trying to privatize the information supposedly do it to increase the value of our vehicles, to me though, the lack of free flowing accurate information is only hurting our cars. When someone looks to buy one and checks a few sources for repair information and cant find any, they arent going to bother with the car.

I urge anyone who has information and know how to chime in here at every convenient opportunity. If youve fixed it and are familiar with the procedure offer up some advice. If youre fixing it take pictures and post them up with the procedure. even if its a minute detail you never know if someone else might need it.

The other board i linked to has and HAD some great information. Recently they went through what i believe was a power struggle and lots of posts were lost and the forum is now much more difficult to navigate.(we were also locked out for about a week total) All the FAQ's which described in detail various fixes are gone. many picture attachments that were included in how tos are gone.

of course that could end up happening to any forum, but with Cadillacforums.com i am confident it will NOT be due to a power struggle.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.