So who is left on the board? - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree3Likes
Cadillac Allante Forum Discussion, So who is left on the board? in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Yes, there were various power struggles at a few of the old Allante forums - but they're really a shadow ...
    Lord Cadillac is offline Cadillac Maniac
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Escalade

Re: So who is left on the board?

Yes, there were various power struggles at a few of the old Allante forums - but they're really a shadow of what they once were. There will be no power struggle here. And no information will be lost. What's shared here will stay here. Information is property of the community - meaning all members...
    Please help us keep CadillacOwners.com online. Become a Site Supporter today. You'll get more than a "thank you" in return.

In loving memory of Angelo Anthony Quagliaralillo... Rest in peace..

D Yaros is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1955 CDV, 1992 Allante, 1962 Olds 88 Conv

I am here, and have been for some time. Never, have I ever seen a lot of activity. My Allante is a 1992, Pearl White. I shall be glad to help others, in any way I can, though I am still an Allante novice. I usually check in once a week.

mikel912 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac 93 montana blue Allante

What you call privatize, I call support. I have been involved with Allantes since the early 90's. The value and knowledge of the 3 people you mentioned is PRICELESS. Without these people many if not most of the cars would already be junk. You will notice there is lots of information, very little of it accurate. When you NEED a part or info these people are the only ones who can provide it, try going to GM. These people have made businesses and careers out of keeping these 25 year old cars like new. When you count up the mistakes that GM made in the design and build of these cars it is amazing that any of them are still viable. My Allante is a 93 with 181,000 miles. I have called or e-mailed the 3 you mentioned many times for parts and info, they are always helpful and ACCURATE, and YES! they have the part you need.

OffThaHorseCEO is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2004 Cadillac SRX V8 AWD, 1989 Cadillac Allanté: Pearl White

Quote Originally Posted by mikel912 View Post
    What you call privatize, I call support. I have been involved with Allantes since the early 90's. The value and knowledge of the 3 people you mentioned is PRICELESS. Without these people many if not most of the cars would already be junk. You will notice there is lots of information, very little of it accurate. When you NEED a part or info these people are the only ones who can provide it, try going to GM. These people have made businesses and careers out of keeping these 25 year old cars like new. When you count up the mistakes that GM made in the design and build of these cars it is amazing that any of them are still viable. My Allante is a 93 with 181,000 miles. I have called or e-mailed the 3 you mentioned many times for parts and info, they are always helpful and ACCURATE, and YES! they have the part you need.
    i think you may have read my post in the wrong tone or maybe misconstrued. I am not taking away anything from any of the 3 individuals mentioned as they do offer tons of information for FREE. What I did say is that most of the time when a problem comes up, no matter how minor, they are told "D/T/J carries the replacement" instead of this is how i fixed mine" or "this is how the service manual says to fix it" etc etc.

Hey btw, i ordered my leatherique conditioner, im gonna do one more treatment with it and then when it gets cold i plan on redying. I still wanted to know what brand dye you used to make sure the seats match the armrest if i end up buying from you

D Yaros is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1955 CDV, 1992 Allante, 1962 Olds 88 Conv

I and my Pearl White '92 are here. We check in once per week, and are also active on Allante.net

abweiss is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    I am new here I have a 93 polo green with 60k on the odometer

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities

wcoates is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1989 Red Allante,

Quote Originally Posted by OffThaHorseCEO View Post
    i hate to link a competing board but try this

http://allante.us/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl

or google allante net. its not poppin by any means but theres more activity there and its an all allante forum. there are a few gurus there who have parted multiple allantes and know the finer details.

my name there is Martin
    Martin is a active member on the other site. I haven't been here for months but checked in as the other site is also DEAD. Thought everyone must have come here. Obviously wrong!

Not anymore wcoates. They put me on "ex-member" status again.

we are still here. Top down motoring. Now that you have taken the plunge, if you bought the right car things will actually get better. And for the money spent what could you buy that gives you the same satisfaction as your Allante? 184,000 miles and going strong. I actually put very little into my car, but keep it well maintained, 93 Montana Blue, 1 of 151. and yes I get attention. You will find that once you are comfortable with the car it will become very enjoyable.

---------- Post added at 12:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:09 AM ----------

I use the SEM brand spray color to match the interior. Yes! Dick and Tom have the EXACT color matches for your needs. I have been involved with the Allante for about 15 years. I do have quite a bit of knowledge of the car, but nothing close to Tom or Dick, and probably Johnny Monzo. Unfortunately a lot of the info that is put out there is well meaning, but not always correct. Thus when I need accurate info I do look to these people. I have always had a very good result. Dick has put a lot of his very valuable info (brake diagnosis) on his web page for anyone to read and take advantage of, along with the GREAT expense of reproducing, and warehousing parts. I am thankful that these people CAN make a living supporting these cars, without them the cars would be difficult to keep going. Enough preaching, hope all is well with your car.

Quote Originally Posted by mikel912 View Post

I use the SEM brand spray color to match the interior.
    Wow really? and it holds up? thats actually surprising but good to know.

Yes! Dick and Tom have the EXACT color matches for your needs.
    lol i see what you did there

I have been involved with the Allante for about 15 years. I do have quite a bit of knowledge of the car, but nothing close to Tom or Dick, and probably Johnny Monzo. Unfortunately a lot of the info that is put out there is well meaning, but not always correct. Thus when I need accurate info I do look to these people. I have always had a very good result. Dick has put a lot of his very valuable info (brake diagnosis) on his web page for anyone to read and take advantage of, along with the GREAT expense of reproducing, and warehousing parts. I am thankful that these people CAN make a living supporting these cars, without them the cars would be difficult to keep going. Enough preaching, hope all is well with your car.
    i can appreciate that. i never said i had anything against them making money off of it. They still are the parts kings. If I was in the area id still gladly pay them to do repairs tweaks adjustments diagnosis or even a routine check up on my car because i know they know better than anyone else. Parts and service are one thing. Information is a totally different thing

wcoates is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1989 Red Allante,

have only been around Allantes for 6 years and was an active observer on the other site when it went thru the power struggles mentioned. Amazing the number of knowledgeable people we have lost. But that is water under the damn. We are what is left. Still think this PITA car has potential to be the best bang for the buck in the toy car arena. Unfortunately (IMHO) this is an older guys car, don't know how to get young guys involved/interested.

The Club magazine, the insider is printed quarterly, each quarter there is a Tech article by Tom, or Dick, or both offering accurate information along with pictures. I have kept every one of them being a charter member of the original Allante club. That is why it is frustrating when well meaning people offer up advise that I know is not accurate. The car can be very frustrating if you do not know all the little secrets, but with knowledge, like how to adjust pull down motors, the car is a dream. By the way, I can raise and lower my top in less than a minute. This is because I spent a day at the Robbins Top shop. These are the people that REDID almost EVERY NEW Allante from the factory! They donated a new top on my red 88 for an article in one of the Allante magazines. Much more goes into the magazine than meets the eye.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.