Replacing Analog Dash with a Digitial One
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Allante Forum Discussion, Replacing Analog Dash with a Digitial One in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Is it possible to swap an Analog Dash for a Digital one?...
    KrisK is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1996 Fleetwood Brougham; 1993 Pinninfarina Allante

Replacing Analog Dash with a Digitial One

Is it possible to swap an Analog Dash for a Digital one?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

carnut is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1988 Allante' (sold), 1984 Eldorado, 84 Sedan DeVille

Re: Replacing Analog Dash with a Digitial One

Yes. Assuming you are referring to an Allante, not a Seville as listed in your profile. The clusters simply plug in but they each require their specific surround bezel. There were changes made over the years to the clusters so an 88 digital will not work in a 92 for instance. When I had my 88, I would swap clusters every once in a while just to make the car different that month. The body computer holds the correct odometer mileage in hard memory so swapping in a digital will display the specific car's mileage. I preferred the analog because you gain a volt meter.

That's great and yes I was referring to an Allante. I just pulled the trigger on a beautiful Polo Green 93 and I love it other than the Analog Dash, I really wanted the digital one. Now that I know that I can just swap it out I'm pretty happy.

It has tan interior and a black top, I really want to change the top to tan. I wonder if I can just get the top dyed instead of replacing it.

The digital dash on a 93 is, I believe, a one year only cluster. Try www.allantesource.com for a exact answer.

I just purchased a 93 specific digital dash to replace my analog dash. The problem is now I need a digital dash specific surround bezel. My question is can I use one from any year or does the surround bezel have to be 93 specific like the cluster itself?

I think the surround is digital specific from any year Allante. Be aware that the analog odometer used a electric stepper motor to advance the mileage, the digital cluster reads the odometer from the body computer. You might notice a difference in whats displayed after the swap. When and if you swap back at a later date, the odometer will not be accurate, it will still show odometer mileage from when you did the swap to digital.

Quote Originally Posted by carnut View Post
    I think the surround is digital specific from any year Allante. Be aware that the analog odometer used a electric stepper motor to advance the mileage, the digital cluster reads the odometer from the body computer. You might notice a difference in whats displayed after the swap. When and if you swap back at a later date, the odometer will not be accurate, it will still show odometer mileage from when you did the swap to digital.
    Is there a way to adjust the mileage on the analog odometer if I decide to switch back?

Sure, just take it to a speedo repair shop and have them set it for a nominal fee!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.