New Allante Owner Houston
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Allante Forum Discussion, New Allante Owner Houston in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Well I have been coming here for years and have posted here and there as I have searched for an ...
    rueben44 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

New Allante Owner Houston

Well I have been coming here for years and have posted here and there as I have searched for an Allante.
    Since I just purchased a new car I really did not think I would buy one soon. Then I found a 90 with 83K for sell for 1700 and I could not pass. The paint is very nice as is most of the interior except the shifter area which the dealership tore apart. Seems someone wired the car to drive through the fuse box. I mean you have to turn the key but the power seat will not work, the fuel gauge or the radio/climate stack. The car drives well and the speedo, temp, etc work but for the life of me I don't know why they did this. Could have been something simple like the security key failed and they did not know how to work around it. I will have to start working this out so I will be coming to you guys for help SOON. Below are a few picture of the car I am speaking of. My friend has a wrecked 90 with a hard top and I am waiting for the right time to pounce because it is as good as mine.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Lord Cadillac is offline Cadillac Maniac
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Escalade

Re: New Allante Owner Houston

Sounds like a great project! $1700! Nice...
    Please help us keep CadillacOwners.com online. Become a Site Supporter today. You'll get more than a "thank you" in return.

In loving memory of Angelo Anthony Quagliaralillo... Rest in peace..

Thanks. Well upon further inspection I realized that I read it wrong at first. I realized the wiring that is tapping into the fuse box is for some type of radio system that is in the trunk. secondly I can tell the brakes were done from fluid and parts in a box and the pump looks really newish. Third the passenger seat is working but nothing from the driver side.....makes me think it is unplugged or something. Finally I have a fuse blow that is related to the gas gauge and center stack. So kind of good news in a way.....

Found out the car had 65K little over a year ago and the last buyer put 20K on it in a year. Got his number from a discount tire receipt and called and he was not in but I will try later today. May be he can give me a heads up before I send it to a mechanic. Over all I am pleased that it will not be a big wiring issue but when driving it in I smelled burning wire like smell so I really have to get someone good on this.

Electrical stuff is always a pain but it does sound better for those center console wires to be related to a stereo system rather than a rigged repair...
    Please help us keep CadillacOwners.com online. Become a Site Supporter today. You'll get more than a "thank you" in return.

Well this is the reason the seat was not working....a broken corroded positive wire. It is fixed now but I have a few questions for you guys. My doors do not want to shut all the way. They just keep kicking back and will not fully close past the first click. What in the world could be causing that? On a side note I did find out that fuses 10,17, and 20 are not working so that issue will have to be addressed.

edit:
    Got a call back from the previous owner and he stated the first buyer let the car sit a long time and so he had to replace the brake booster($1000) and some other stuff and he tired of the cost and lack of availability of parts so he kept it just a year.

He had the same electrical issues because the original owner had that stereo mod done and it is causing all types of issues. So looks like I am going to have to try to undo the aftermarket wiring and see where to go from there.

Easy fixes are nice. So at least seat is working now. The electrical stuff may be more tricky.

I think it would be a good idea to start separat threads/discussions for specific issues. You may never get anyone in this topic with answers...

Thanks I guess I'll just work on it a while and post an update or ask questions after I have spent more time with the car.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.