Softtop Liner
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Allante Forum Discussion, Softtop Liner in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Was there ever a softtop headliner? Seems like there would be for such a high end car, not just a ...
    FSU_Noles is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 93 Allante, 06 CTS

Softtop Liner

Was there ever a softtop headliner? Seems like there would be for such a high end car, not just a regular softtop with exposed rails and all. As you can tell this is the first time in my 2.5 months of owning the car the softtop has been out of the boot.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

carnut is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1988 Allante' (sold), 1984 Eldorado, 84 Sedan DeVille

Re: Softtop Liner

These cars do have a liner, but its between the top and the bows. Make sure you follow the instructions to the letter when folding and lowering the top. These old tops assuming its original tear easily when folded improperly. As the soft top is lowered you MUST pull the material folds out between the bows. Hard to explain but very important. This allows proper stacking so the boot cover closes and also no stress on the material while its folded.

FSU_Noles is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 93 Allante, 06 CTS

Thanks I did not know that. From what the guy I bought it from told me it has only been out of the boot a handful of times. First owner just took off the hardtop and left it in the garage with the top down.

BOODER is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 90 ALLANTE,2-72 CPE,71 SEDAN,69 SEDAN,2-69 ELDO,68 ELDO

Mr. Carnut, Thank You-thank You.. I Didn't Know That Either (about The Folds)>>>>>>>>booder

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.