How about some posting????
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Allante Forum Discussion, How about some posting???? in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Hey folks.....how about of few of ya post? Where are ya from? Do you have an Allante? I live in ...
    Mike Stewart is offline Cadillac Owners Member

How about some posting????

Hey folks.....how about of few of ya post? Where are ya from? Do you have an Allante? I live in Western Washington and have a pearl white 91. I am learning alot about it and rely on folks like you who love the car and have experienced things I have yet to experience.
    Mike

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

BeelzeBob is offline I'm a Cadillac Fanatic!

Re: How about some posting????

You're right, Mike. This area Could use some more action. It appears there aren't all that many Allante owners around these days.. It's a shame because they're such beautiful cars.. I do hope to get some more Allante enthusiasts here soon...
    If this site has helped you save money, please consider helping it continue to do so. Click here for information!

jteolis is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): CTS

I'm Jeff from Cape Coral, FL. I bought my first Allante 8/31 this year. I've been ironing out a few small issues with the car, but I've been able to drive it to work daily since I bought it.

It is a 1987, silver w/ red trim and maroon interior. I have its hardtop, and some of the things I've fixed so far include:

Revived dead top pulldown motor
    Fixed a L209/L309 OSM lighting fault
    Fixxed a broken beat belt buckle mechanism
    Rear Trunk shock/struts
    Top cover lock mechanism

The car was in storage since 1998, but appeared to be a daily driver before then. It has 89,000 miles on it currently.

I need to fix a right front side marker warning light (light works) and I will need to attend to the brakes soon as the pump seems to need to pump up a lot after sitting ocernight. Maybe replace accumulator.

Also intermittant radio, sometimes when I start up it works sometimes it dosent. When it works it

Otherwise it runs great and I drive top down to and from work M-Fr and also on the weekends. Looking forward to 365 day top down driving down here in the tropics.

Jeff

Allante North * is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 1993 Triple Black Allante

Welcome Mike & Jeff!

Glad to see some more Allante owners here. I'm you friendly neighborhood moderator and have had my Allante for four years. It's mostly a garage queen, but I do get her out to streach her legs from time to time. I'm in East Tennessee and see one or two in my area from time to time. I have some pictures posted in the photo gallery of my Triple Black Allante with STS seven spoke wheels and Borla Exhaust. Looking to do some brake mod's next. I would love to see some more pictures in the photo gallery, so lets see what you got.

Don

Kcryan is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1992 Tripple Black Allante, RIP 98 catera

alright i live in rochester NY and have a 92 allante black with black interior 69k miles
    ive fixed a few small things on this car and i absolutly love it

I think unfortuntly most of the allante owners are on allante net instead of here

KC Ryan

jteolis is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): CTS

Posted some pictures of my car.

carnut is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1988 Allante' (sold), 1984 Eldorado, 84 Sedan DeVille

I have a pearl white/tan '88. My only car, drive it to work every day. Bought it 2 yrs. ago. Great car. I've been thru most of the quirks during the first year. Recommend get a GM service manual ASAP. even if you are not the mechanic, you can learn alot prior to a repair or adjustment.

FSU_Noles is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 93 Allante, 06 CTS

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Stewart
    Hey folks.....how about of few of ya post? Where are ya from? Do you have an Allante? I live in Western Washington and have a pearl white 91. I am learning alot about it and rely on folks like you who love the car and have experienced things I have yet to experience.
    Mike

Here is my post, I have a 93 Allante (55000 orig miles), Black with Tan interior, has hard and soft top, chrome wheels, etc, (pics posted on the picture board). I live in Melbourne Florida and work in Orlando. The Allante was really the dream of my wife who fell in love with them as a high schooler. So I bought it for her although it is 'my' car -- if you know what I mean ;-) I love that places like this exist, I am also a member of a chevy forum because sometimes it is hard to figure out some of the quirks of my other toys....

... my other toys I like to play with; 76 Vette (80k original miles) and a 51 Chevy that requires lots and lots of work but still has original inline 6 and 3-spd on the tree.

StevenS is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Mike,
    I am a fairly new Allante owner. My wife had one in 1990 and she still talks about it. That's probably why I bought my one-owner red car with 51k on the clock 3-months ago. I am in DC area. I am planning to enter it in local Cadillac LaSalle show at Capitol Cadillac here this Sunday. A little moe cleaning up is needed. Since acquiring the car I have had the interior re-furbished by auto detailer, had body repainted in original color (clear coat separation), put on new tires ( H rated, not Z) and did some tweeking. Car runs and drives great. I am getting some non-correct read-outs on dash display (driver door, windshield washer fluid low, Freon low, etc) bit none check out when I look. I don't know what they mean but I am not dealing with it at the moment. I am getting a K&N full-air flow intake filter, PN E-0870 to replace the original. Supposed to increase hp some. And,I have been checking message boards looking for deep-tome muffler assembly replacemet (Trans Am, Camero ?) without doing custom work.
    Haven't found one yet. My wife likes the car but says she can't deal with the mechanical top, so in longe range, I don't know how long the red car will stay around. Good luck on yours.

cruzinwoman is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I have a 92 Allante. Pearl white...It has been a great car but now up for sale due to my needs for a bigger car.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.