Looking at buying a Allante
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Allante Forum Discussion, Looking at buying a Allante in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Found a dealer that has a 89 Caddi Allante, red, 131k. It has a new Brake master cylinder, and a ...
    TollKeeper is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Question Looking at buying a Allante

Found a dealer that has a 89 Caddi Allante, red, 131k. It has a new Brake master cylinder, and a new Vert Top. It runs out like a scalded bandit. It does have a couple problems thou. The stereo doesnt always work thru all speakers, and the drivers power seat mostly operates, except for the back recline, and a small coolant leak out of the water pump I suspect. All in all it doesnt seem to be to bad. They are even trading it for my 97 Ferd (yuck) expedition, eddie bauer, 175k. First off is this a good trade. Secondly, what problems can I expect out of this car. Any help would be apreciated..

Brian

Odd Ball Car Collector
    89 Pontiac 6000 STE All Wheel Drive
    90 Pontiac ASC McLaren Turbo Grand Prix
    and posibly 89 Caddilac Allante

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

FSU_Noles is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 93 Allante, 06 CTS

Re: Looking at buying a Allante

I would say anytime you can unload a Ford go for it. There are many opinions on which years of the Allante are better than others, but for finding issues and problems the best advice I could give is to read through this board. There are a lot of posts regarding the speakers and fixes for those, don't recall many about the seats. If I recall the ABS is touchy and can be tempermental which is the only "major" problem I can recall.

Read the boards, they are very helpful.

I bought the Allante today. I was quite impressed with the ride and power of the car. And I have had so many people asking me about it today. The previous owner took ok care of it. There are a couple problems I have found today. The drivers seat back wont power adjust, the passenger door Negative ground striker (for interior lighting) is bad (lights wont turn off). It does have a Borla Performance Exhaust on it which gives it a sound you dont hear out of a Caddi, but I do like it. Other than that, It needs both front visors replaced, It has some dealer installed Wire wheels on it, And I dont like the looks of them. Probly going to be looking at buying some Factory rims. And the speaker amps are bad I think. They work after about a minute of driving, and sounds pretty good. But while they are warming up, I only have sound out one front speaker. New soft top is a plus, But I am really going to be looking for a hard top. Anyone know any leads on these?

Brian

jteolis is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): CTS

Go here: www.allantesource.com

also try ebay, there are always hardtops for sale there

Quote Originally Posted by jteolis
    Go here: www.allantesource.com

also try ebay, there are always hardtops for sale there
    Ive been searching ebay since I got the befor I even got the car. And I havent seen one yet.

Brian

FSU_Noles is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 93 Allante, 06 CTS

sorry, I neglected to mention Allantesource.com, if you read through the help tabs on that page you will learn a lot about your car. Make sure you get the correct top for you car, as there are differences between the years, or you may have to buy some extra hardware or do some extra tinkering.

Quote Originally Posted by jteolis
    Yea I saw that one. I clicked on the Buy It Now option it had. Did my little password thing. Next page popped up saying that the Buy It Now option is no longer available since a bid had been placed. So in other words, while I was entering my Password, someone bid on it. And now the bid price is more than the Buy It now.

I know that was the right top for the car. But what all is required if I were to Buy it, and go out there and get it. Im sure its not just a grab, put on, and go. Or is it?

You put your softtop down, lock your top cover and put the hardtop on, there are 4 locks, 2 in the front and 2 in the back blus the pulldown motor.

That's it, connect the rear defogger cable and you are all set!

Here's another -- red hard top w/ tan interior --
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...&category=6763

Also another red one on there, listed as Fiberglass, but they are wrong!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.