Exterior Door Trim original?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Allante Forum Discussion, Exterior Door Trim original? in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Next Allante question folks: I'm looking at a 90 Allante in Burgundy, it has trim 2 trim strips down the ...
    carmental is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): none

Exterior Door Trim original?

Next Allante question folks: I'm looking at a 90 Allante in Burgundy, it has trim 2 trim strips down the sides between the wheel wells, 1 that looks like stainless below the Pininfarina emblem in the lower style line (where I often see a red stripe), and 1 above the Pininfarina emblem along the upper style line that looks like stainless with a tan colored rubber insert presumably to prevent door dings. Are both of these trim pieces original? I've not seen other allantes with the either trim piece.

I've tried to attach a photo, not sure how successful I've been.

Thanks - Bruce (aka Carmental)
    Attached Images

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

macsr is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 93 Pearl Red Allante

Re: Exterior Door Trim original?

Lower mldg is standard factory, came in silver or red, upper molding is dealer add to prevent door dings.

carmental is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): none

I'm hoping it was put on with just an adhesive, not mechanically. I really don't like the way it looks, makes the car look like something out of the 70's.

macsr is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 93 Pearl Red Allante

I was a Chevrolet Dealer in the 70's so be careful. lol That particular molding is generally put on with peel and stick adhesive tape. The way you can tell
    is if the center rubber section pull out of the backing, which would be the housing, then the backing plate is probably rivited on. Not done this way very often
    as it is a time consuming process to drill and rivet the metal piece on, Mike

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.