New 91
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Allante Forum Discussion, New 91 in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; A 91 ,red with black interior, followed me home to Atlanta from North Carolina over the weekend. 79,000 miles and ...
    Weston91 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 91 Allante

New 91

A 91 ,red with black interior, followed me home to Atlanta from North Carolina over the weekend. 79,000 miles and certainly seems to have spent much of that time under cover. Of course the radio doesn't work and I've already pulled the receiver and one speaker set to send off to Allante Source. One has to fire this thing up at night to fully appreciate the digital dash! Glad I passed on the old ho-hum 560 SL idea.

Couple of questions:

1) Is there a substitute for the hardtop lockdown tool?

2) Oil pressure appears wonky with erratic swings and pressure light etc What's the difference between the oil pressure sensor and the oil pressure switch?

3) I've got a courtesy light lying on the floor behind the driver's seat. Where does it go?

Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

OffThaHorseCEO is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2004 Cadillac SRX V8 AWD, 1989 Cadillac Allanté: Pearl White

Re: New 91

Congrats on your "NEW" Allante! please, post pics

iirc 91 was "phase 2" which uses pulldown motors to secure the softtop and hardtop correct?

alot of allante owners retrofit the "phase 1" manual latches which attach at the a pillar and are believed to be more secure than phase 2. if im right the holes are there, you just have to buy the latch assemblies.

my oil pressure indicator does the same thing, ive been meaning to ask about that.

can you take a pic of the light? it could be the light for in the trunk, or the light for the trunk/cabin passthrough if all your cabin lights are intact

HEEEEY! by any chance was that from hope mills or fayetteville north carolina? i had my eye on a few allantes in this area and one red with black interior is GONE from its usual display post!

also, heres a link to an allante specific board. it sometimes takes a while to get a response, but the FAQ is very useful and the people are VERY knowledgeable and courteous

http://www.allante.us/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl

make sure to use the VIN registry

It was at Hickory Honda who also had it on Ebay for a week or so.

Quote Originally Posted by OffThaHorseCEO View Post
    Congrats on your "NEW" Allante! please, post pics

iirc 91 was "phase 2" which uses pulldown motors to secure the softtop and hardtop correct?

alot of allante owners retrofit the "phase 1" manual latches which attach at the a pillar and are believed to be more secure than phase 2. if im right the holes are there, you just have to buy the latch assemblies.

my oil pressure indicator does the same thing, ive been meaning to ask about that.

can you take a pic of the light? it could be the light for in the trunk, or the light for the trunk/cabin passthrough if all your cabin lights are intact
    Yes it does have the pull down motors which seem to halfway work. If manual latches are an option I'd love to do that. After a bit of fiddling, I found that the rear pull down worked as well once the hook was spaced about 1/4" with a drink straw. Why in the world didn't Caddy use the same mechanism as the trunk pull down?

Quote Originally Posted by Weston91 View Post
    Yes it does have the pull down motors which seem to halfway work. If manual latches are an option I'd love to do that. After a bit of fiddling, I found that the rear pull down worked as well once the hook was spaced about 1/4" with a drink straw. Why in the world didn't Caddy use the same mechanism as the trunk pull down?

i think they did and thats the problem haha.

essentially, the top pulldown is the trunk pull down with a metal tab on the switch to extend it

carnut is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1988 Allante' (sold), 1984 Eldorado, 84 Sedan DeVille

The J hook is adjustable. Look at where it pivots and you will see a small threaded screw behind the J hook that can be turned with an allen wrench to move it in or out. The lens or light probably snaps in under the rear shelf, just put your head in there and look up. The trick on the pull down motors at the windshield is to activate the switch from close to open to center their latches then lower the top into them. Log onto wwwallantenet.com and review the stickys on both tops.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.