88 Allante headlights flashing?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Allante Forum Discussion, 88 Allante headlights flashing? in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I just got an Allante and the headlights don't work. Sometimes all the lights flash on & off like a ...
    mark antony is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): allante

Cool 88 Allante headlights flashing?

I just got an Allante and the headlights don't work. Sometimes all the lights flash on & off like a police car. I have automotive experiance but not any Allante experiance. Anybody have any ideas for a quick fix? Also is there anywhere to see a service manual so I can start learning the diognostic system? It's a nice car and runs great, only 84,000 miles. I hope I can afford to keep this car running and rolling. I enjoy driving it in the daytime right now but would like to drive it at night.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

OffThaHorseCEO is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2004 Cadillac SRX V8 AWD, 1989 Cadillac Allanté: Pearl White

Re: 88 Allante headlights flashing?

first and foremost check your battery connections. they should be clean and tight.

check ebay for the factory service manual or allante source for the diagnostic codes

Mardav is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Sounds like the twillight sentinel or one of the control boxes. Dick Hussey in Palm Beach at the 'Allante Source" can surely point you in the right direction, you can google him.
    I love mine!

mark antony is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I love this car more & more everyday. My wife is even starting to like it. Naturally I've checked the battery terminals/connections everywhere. I've noticed the yellow light on the twilight sentinal switch stays on no matter what so I'm guessing the problem may be there. I talked with Dick Hussey on the phone and he said to get the service manual so he can direct me through it to track the problem. He seems like a very nice guy and I will be doing business with him for sure. I won't be able to get back to work on her until next week sometime and a manual may get here soon. {I'm on a shoestring budget so things will be slow} but I will comment and let everyone know how it is going. Thanks for your help, folks!

wcoates is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1989 Red Allante,

You must get a service manual and must get to know Dick Hussey if you hope to remain sane as an Allante owmer!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.