going to look at a 1990! - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Cadillac Allante Forum Discussion, going to look at a 1990! in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; allright thats good to know!. I plan to not drive it till next season. as it needs paint and i ...
    eyekandyboats.inc is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2001 DTS(140K), 2000 ETC(284K), 1990 allante( 80K)

Re: going to look at a 1990!

allright thats good to know!.
    I plan to not drive it till next season. as it needs paint and i am working on stuff.
    i have all the door panels off and seats out. I pulled the carpet and got it steam cleaned and then stain removed.. it looks fantastic! i will take pictures tomorow in the day light.
    so i plan to get a sadelery shop in town to professionaly un-treat the leather and then re-die the leather in the car black.
    i have a 3000K cap maximum on spending on this car. ( not running costs or maintence.. just restoring money)
    i beelive i will be about 1200 dollars for all the leathers and such. then i will be buing all new seals for the doors and top too. and then what ever else i need... also upgraded stereo... I have all the bose speakers out of it.. in unknown condition.. my headunit never worked so i cant tell if the speakers are good. but they will be for sale tomorow i am guessing..
    i am pretty excited! more excited then i have been in a long time!!

caddyjack98 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Allante

Quote Originally Posted by eyekandyboats.inc View Post
    i am pretty excited! more excited then i have been in a long time!!
    It's excellent, isn't it? Best hobby on the planet!

prospyder is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 Silver STS V6, 1990 Red Allante

Good luck!
    I also have a 1990 and she has 130,000 miles on her. I prefer the manual top header latches that the '90 Phase I cars have over the 90.5 Phase II electric header latches. Mine is running well after I replaced the fuel injectors and some other minor work. Keep up the maintenance and you'll have fewer problems.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.