Drivers window switch
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Allante Forum Discussion, Drivers window switch in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I had to replace the window motor in my 93 and when I took the window switch out of the ...
    DTS Diamond is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac DTS Lux III 07, DHS 04, Allante 93 06 XLR Platinum

Drivers window switch

I had to replace the window motor in my 93 and when I took the window switch out of the armrest the metal clip came off and the switch parted. I have 3 silver contactors? that I need to return to their proper location. Does anybody have pictures or instructions for repairing. Drivers side, forgot to mention at first. Thanks Doug-J

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Moose123 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1988 Allante

Re: Drivers window switch

Hi DTS: This may not be a great answer, but I dealt with the passenger side with a bit of trial and error..The silver contactors operate the windows and work in concert with the rocker switches. If you look closely, you may be able to see how they drop in place to make contact. I used tweezers to put them in place. If you drop them in and the windows don't go up and down, you will need to roate them 180 degrees. Hope this makes sense...Don PS: Didnt see any service information in the service manual...

carnut is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1988 Allante' (sold), 1984 Eldorado, 84 Sedan DeVille

Log onto allantenet.com. Someone there could help.

RWBee is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Allante

The way I did it was to take the passenger switch off and carefully seperate. You will see what one side looks like. Just be careful seperating the passenger side switch. The auto seat settings on the deriverside will be OK if you are gentle. TAke pictures!!

OffThaHorseCEO is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2004 Cadillac SRX V8 AWD, 1989 Cadillac Allanté: Pearl White

Cadillaction is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.