93 Allante Gold Package...rare or not?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Allante Forum Discussion, 93 Allante Gold Package...rare or not? in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Just purchased my 3rd Allante. A 93 polo green with the gold package. I'm curious if anyone has any insight ...
    nyprince26 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 93 Allante..04 CTS

93 Allante Gold Package...rare or not?

Just purchased my 3rd Allante. A 93 polo green with the gold package. I'm curious if anyone has any insight on how rare these gold package Allantes are. Has chrome wheels w/gold center caps. Gold center caps seems odd didn't think that was option, possibly off a later model Deville?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

c5 rv is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 91 Allante (gone), 06 SRX (gone)

Re: 93 Allante Gold Package...rare or not?

Being that I don't like gold packages, I certainly hope they're rare.

Ieradi is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1992 Allante

Quote Originally Posted by nyprince26 View Post
    Just purchased my 3rd Allante. A 93 polo green with the gold package. I'm curious if anyone has any insight on how rare these gold package Allantes are. Has chrome wheels w/gold center caps. Gold center caps seems odd didn't think that was option, possibly off a later model Deville?
    Not sure how rare but I see one was for sale in Orange County CL
    http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/cto/1609573999.html

c5 rv is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 91 Allante (gone), 06 SRX (gone)

Just purchased my 3rd Allante...
    Oh yeah, he's got the sickness.

Quote Originally Posted by Ieradi View Post
    Not sure how rare but I see one was for sale in Orange County CL
    http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/cto/1609573999.html
    Seen that one to on CL when trying to research the gold package Allantes. Seems like little or no info out there....I got mine for $6900 with only 39K miles, seemed like a good deal to me..... needs some very minor touch on some scratches and the driver seat could use a little reconditioning, that's about it. Only thing I'm a little disappointed with is the analog dash but I can deal with it .....will post pics once she arrives! Will be putting a 93 black/black with 59K miles up for sale soon on Ebay.

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by c5 rv View Post
    Oh yeah, he's got the sickness.
    LOL, and proud of it.....didn't own them all at once I should say. My 90.5 was sold a few years ago and I replaced it with the 93. Now that I have the 93, wanted another one with less mileage, so my current 93 will have to go. I would like to own one from each year before I die, so yeah you right, I'm sick!!

wcoates is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1989 Red Allante,

Only thing I'm a little disappointed with is the analog dash but I can deal with it .....Jim
    Congrats you did alright!

Lots of '93 owners with digital are looking for analog. Easy swap.

babylac89 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1993 Cadillac Allante-Northstar

When I was looking for mine 6 years ago, I wouldn't even look at one with a digital dash. They come with their own set of headaches, and are extremely costly to replace. You did very well on mileage, price, and the dash board!

The gold packages are not that that rare and most of them were dealer options that were added later. As a professional detailer for the last 45 years, I can honestly tell you what a true pain in the a$$ they are! They were dipped in 24 carat gold, not even as thick as a fingernail. They looked really nice when they were first done, but after a while the gold will always tarnish and look like faded brass forever. The problem as a detailer, is that there is nothing you can really do about it because it's so damn thin. So if you try to put a gold cleaner on it you will just wind of ruining it.

When they first started doing that, the dealership would tell people to just clean the gold with a little alcohol and it would be fine, they for got to add the word temporarily! So you have two choices, you either have them re-dipped in gold, or rechormed back to their original state. The gold will eventually have to be redone again, the chrome will last forever!!!

Hope that helps you!

Chief

Helped a great deal, thanks! I agree with you on the digital dash, my 90 had the digital and had the blinking in out problem as well as the fluctuating MPH issue, they just look sharper.

Ieradi is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1992 Allante

Helped a great deal, thanks! I agree with you on the digital dash, my 90 had the digital and had the blinking in out problem as well as the fluctuating MPH issue, they just look sharper.
    You gotta admit guys, the digital dash is, if nothing else, alluring!

Look forward to seeing pictures and of the black on black.

carnut is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1988 Allante' (sold), 1984 Eldorado, 84 Sedan DeVille

The gold package was always a dealer add on with allantes. Rare?? Probably. Alot were done in florida and southern california.

Quote Originally Posted by carnut View Post
    The gold package was always a dealer add on with allantes. Rare?? Probably. Alot were done in florida and southern california.
    Thanks to Carnut, let me rephrase this...I have been a pro detailer in SoCal for a very long time, so to me personally, a gold package on any Cadillac, is not rare!!!

Chief

autolocator is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 90 Allante

I need assitance but might also be able to help... 1) assitance.. need someone experienced with Allante electrical in Nashville area. 2) the gold wasnt dipped.. it was the pen jobs.. and yes... as thin as paper.. I do 24 Karat cyanide bath in Gold, 999 Silver, Copper, Brass and Nickel.. sorry no Chrome but might add it for small pieces later...

Been in plating and restoration of decorative metals since 1972 and I sorry.. I DO have a minimum... its ONE. cant do less than that...

Now.. cyanide plates as long as I keep it in the tank... so I can do it any thickness depending on your pocket book at 1200.00 ounce gold! I offer like the old Sears catalog.. Good Better and Best as to thickness of plating...

I am new on here and not sure what i can and cant say about contact info and company names.. I will check back here but if there is a way for you to contact me and you know how to do it from this site.. I will assist all I can and give discount for all on this site...

however.. i am on here to get assitance on a fly and buy Allante I want to have serviced around Nashville and drive it home..

thanks
    z

autolocator is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 90 Allante

I need assitance but might also be able to help... 1) assitance.. need someone experienced with Allante electrical in Nashville area. 2) the gold wasnt dipped.. it was the pen jobs.. and yes... as thin as paper.. I do 24 Karat cyanide bath in Gold, 999 Silver, Copper, Brass and Nickel.. sorry no Chrome but might add it for small pieces later...

Been in plating and restoration of decorative metals since 1972 and I sorry.. I DO have a minimum... its ONE. cant do less than that...

Now.. cyanide plates as long as I keep it in the tank... so I can do it any thickness depending on your pocket book at 1200.00 ounce gold! I offer like the old Sears catalog.. Good Better and Best as to thickness of plating...

I am new on here and not sure what i can and cant say about contact info and company names.. I will check back here but if there is a way for you to contact me and you know how to do it from this site.. I will assist all I can and give discount for all on this site...

however.. i am on here to get assitance on a fly and buy Allante I want to have serviced around Nashville and drive it home..

thanks
    z

Thumbs up Re: 93 Allante Gold Package...rare or not?

"Z"...you would do yourself a favor by contacting Dick Hussey at the Allante Source in Florida.

Chief

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.