Cadillac Owners Forum banner
3K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  kennedyallante 
#1 ·
Someone is having me housesit for them and start their Allante. Unfortunately, the battery has died down completely. I KNOW where the battery is, but understand I can access recharging terminals under the hood. Any hidden surprises that might await me???? Alarm going off (I had an Astro van that did this any time the battery was jumped)???? Is the computer going to call me a "Dumb#$%" for letting the batttery run down?

Thanks for any input

#2 ·
Under the hood just behind the passenger side headlight, is a red plastic "box". Unsnap the lid and connect the postive clamp there. The negitive clamp is put on the alternator mounting bolt. Shouldn't have alarm issues. The alarm is activated after exiting car and pushing the power door lock switch. Disarming the alarm is by inserting the key in the driver door lock and turning it from unlock to lock. Recommend slow charge overnight.

#4 · (Edited)
I tried following the advice above (also found the manual in the glove box).
When I hooked a charger up (the slower 2 amp setting), the car itself made an odd clicking sound on/off/on/ off----like the door locks were clicking closed and back open, closed and back open. The computer indicator in the center console also flashed on/off. This all was a bit intimidating, so I unhooked everything for fear of doing some electrical harm. I'm going to leave things alone until the owners return, but maybe my experience would be edifying for others in a similar circumstance.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.