It's almost that time...
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac Allante Forum Discussion, It's almost that time... in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; ...to put away the Allante for the winter here outside of Philadelphia. The temp is dropping to the point that ...
    Ieradi is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1992 Allante

It's almost that time...

...to put away the Allante for the winter here outside of Philadelphia. The temp is dropping to the point that the top-down in the AM is not practical at 48 degrees. My plan is to store in the garage but start and take it for a quick drive every once in a while (week or so). I found that to be easier than trying to prepare and store for the entire season.

I have to say I had an awesome time with this one since picking up from Scott in July.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

c5 rv is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 91 Allante (gone), 06 SRX (gone)

Re: It's almost that time...

We're supposed to have warmer temps next week, so I'm holding off. I just want it in off-site storage late this month so that my truck can go into the garage before devils' night and halloween.

babylac89 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1993 Cadillac Allante-Northstar

It's going to be around 87 or 88 degrees tomorrow and probably even warmer for the upcoming weekend. So I'm
    going to hold up on putting mine away for the winter!

Chief

billc83 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1988 Allante, 1999 Deville Concours

I just put the hard top on Sunday, then took it down to the local spot for the last cruise night of the season. I'll take it out about once a month (when weather permits) just to keep it operational.

Over the winter, I'd like to get the back bumper repainted and the interior touched up. We'll see how much cash I can allocate for the Allante Restoration Fund.

Quote Originally Posted by billc83 View Post
    I just put the hard top on Sunday, then took it down to the local spot for the last cruise night of the season. I'll take it out about once a month (when weather permits) just to keep it operational.

Over the winter, I'd like to get the back bumper repainted and the interior touched up. We'll see how much cash I can allocate for the Allante Restoration Fund.
    I've been to Seattle during the Winter so I can definitely see you tucking your Allante away until Spring! They also use that horrible salt on the road up there too. My buddy lives in Fircrest, just outside of Tacoma, so I'm quite familiar with the snow season up there. The Allante Restoration Fund is always a "good thing!"

Chief

Quote Originally Posted by babylac89 View Post
    It's going to be around 87 or 88 degrees tomorrow and probably even warmer for the upcoming weekend. So I'm

Chief
    Smart aleck.

Quote Originally Posted by babylac89 View Post

Chief
    I Hear Ya!!!! But the hiatus makes me appreciate the ride even more

I really do feel for you guys, I am definitely not a winter person. Having the privilege to drive my Allante year round is pretty damn nice. As is, I don't get the chance to drive it as much as I really want to, so to be be restricted by weather would seriously be a pain in the keester. I do hope that your cars have a very nice sleep!

Chief

wcoates is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1989 Red Allante,

Weather here has been so darn cold and rainy that it's been disgusting. Two sunny days in mid 70s today and tomorrow before the return to rain. So by Thursday the top will go on. I like the hard top look so taking a page from Hyperion, I'll drive with top on 'til World Series is over.(Hey just when is that this year--between Christmas and New Years I think!)

It stopped raining late morning here today and the temp got up to about 70. I took one last drive, filled the gas tank, and put the car in storage. The forecast is for rain and cooler temps.

TSS
    TSS is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 07 Lade & 06 SRX (Gone); 2010 Enclave CXL; 2010 MKS Ecoboost

Quote Originally Posted by c5 rv View Post
    It stopped raining late morning here today and the temp got up to about 70. I took one last drive, filled the gas tank, and put the car in storage. The forecast is for rain and cooler temps.
    I never got to see it in person! Next year......

Sorry, Todd. I think I put less than 300 miles on the car this summer. My bad.

I was thinking today that if I don't find the right LS430 next spring when my MKZ lease ends, I'll just use the Dakota and Allante as daily drivers for some of the summer. It would probably do them both good.

Here we are two days after putting the Allante in storage. It's rainy and windy. Outside the office window, 13 floors above downtown Lansing, MI, there are occasional snowflakes going by.

TSS
    TSS is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 07 Lade & 06 SRX (Gone); 2010 Enclave CXL; 2010 MKS Ecoboost

I know, welcome to 8 months of winter. Been terrible out there. Wanted to wax my wife's car before the winter, had it planned for this weekend, hopefully I can get is washed in bewteen the downpours and snow tomorrow so I can get it in the garage and crank up the heat and get it done.

After 2 years in a row of putting less than 800 miles/year on my 300ZX Twin Turbo, I sold it. Using your Allante as a 1/2 daily driver seems like a smart idea to me. My problem was I kept the Z at a next door neighbor's garage. Too much hassle to go get it out just to drive 6 minutes to work. If it had been in my own garage (only a two car ), I would have been able to enjoy it a lot more.

I'm still stealing a few days here and there. Just called my buddy about putting it away. He just had the floor redone in his garage. I assured him no leaks Maybe I'll set some cardboard down just in case.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.