Extended Warranty
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Allante Forum Discussion, Extended Warranty in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I am looking for a reliable and cost effective extended warranty for my latest Allante acquisition. The A1 company that ...
    Clarkie59 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Extended Warranty

I am looking for a reliable and cost effective extended warranty for my latest Allante acquisition. The A1 company that Allante Net recommends does not insure '93's any longer. Any suggestions?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Maximln is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 06 STS V8, 1SF, Tusc Lthr, Adptv Cruise, 18" Chrm Whls
    Unfortunately, most warranty companies exclude the Allante.

Max

elwesso is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 1994 Infiniti Q45

Re: Extended Warranty

Not to mention most wont even cover cars even to 1993!

ccreamer is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 93 Allante
    I got mine from http://www.extendedautowarrantycorp.com/ in May.

You may still be able to get one.

Cory

Thanks for the information, Cory. Have you had any claims with this company? I would be interested in knowing how they handled them.

QUOTE=ccreamer]I got mine from http://www.extendedautowarrantycorp.com/ in May.

You may still be able to get one.

Cory[/QUOTE]

Stace is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 92 Allante, 98 Eldorado, 03 Seville

The Cadillac dealer here in Colorado Springs sells an extended warranty plan that accepts Allantes. There requirement is less than 60k miles and pass their inspection. Any SAE mechanic can do the inspection. The last time I checked (18 months ago) they were accepting '88s and later.

I purchased the plan for my '92 and have had several claims with no complaints; it is $100 deductible per visit. I've recovered the initial cost and have 18 months and 25,000 miles left on it. It wasn't cheap ($2,500) until you look at the repair costs it has covered so far (a little over $3,000).

I have the same dealership service the car although it isn't necessary. I think I get better claim service by using the same dealer for service.

The local dealer will sell the warranty policy to anyone anywhere if their car meets the criteria above.

Thanks, Stace. What is the contact information for the dealer? Is it a bumper to bumper warranty? What is not covered?

Clarkie59

Quote Originally Posted by Stace
    The Cadillac dealer here in Colorado Springs sells an extended warranty plan that accepts Allantes. There requirement is less than 60k miles and pass their inspection. Any SAE mechanic can do the inspection. The last time I checked (18 months ago) they were accepting '88s and later.

I purchased the plan for my '92 and have had several claims with no complaints; it is $100 deductible per visit. I've recovered the initial cost and have 18 months and 25,000 miles left on it. It wasn't cheap ($2,500) until you look at the repair costs it has covered so far (a little over $3,000).

I have the same dealership service the car although it isn't necessary. I think I get better claim service by using the same dealer for service.

The local dealer will sell the warranty policy to anyone anywhere if their car meets the criteria above.

ccreamer is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 93 Allante
    Haven't had a claim with them yet, but I need to take it in to get the rear oxygen sensor replaced. I called them about four months ago to get the OK to take it in and they didn't give me any problems. Unfortunately, I got in an accident about a week after that call - the car was in the body shop for 12 weeks, then I got it back for a few days. Then returned it to the body shop because there was a list of items they didn't repair correctly or just didn't repair. I should get it back again next week, so, assuming everything is repaired correctly, I'll take it in for the O2 sensor replacement and we'll see how that goes.

Cory

Stace is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 92 Allante, 98 Eldorado, 03 Seville

Quote Originally Posted by Clarkie59
    Thanks, Stace. What is the contact information for the dealer? Is it a bumper to bumper warranty? What is not covered?

Clarkie59
    The warranty is bumper to bumper. As I recall, the only things not covered are those things subject to replacement due to normal wear. I know for a fact that the electronic stack (tape player, cd player) and ABS are covered since I've had claims for all.

The dealership is Red Noland Cadillac, 719-633-4633, but I'll have to call today for a contact since the gentleman that handled mine has moved to another Cadillac dealership.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.