Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

Thread: Re-Programming Radio and Clock

Re-Programming Radio and Clock

I am considering a purchase of a 1991 Allante. The owner told me the battery was removed for two days and then replaced with a new battery. Since that time, the clock and the radio do not work. (I think the clock just needs to be re-set, but the radio is not working since the removal of the battery.) Is this an easy repair/re-setting, or will I have to visit a dealer to repair the clock and radio? I appreciate your help! Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

wcoates is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1989 Red Allante,

Re: Re-Programming Radio and Clock

Caddymark

Don't see any reason that a battery removal would effect the operation of the radio. Lose settings yes, long term operation-no. Bose radio for the most part are bullet proof. Speakers/amps are normally the problem is no sound etc. In any event, if considering a purchase, you need to be familiar with Dick Hussey at Allantesource in West Palm Beach, Fl. Googling Dick's name will get his web-site which is filled with useful information.