ECM: reset
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Allante Forum Discussion, ECM: reset in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Could never clear codes...it would ask:Clear Codes my response:Hi{yes} But it would never acknowledge:codes clear?????/No I don't have factory booklet ...
    hogdaddy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 79 coupe,87 allante

ECM: reset

Could never clear codes...it would ask:Clear Codes my response:Hi{yes} But it would never acknowledge:codes clear?????/No I don't have factory booklet but I had a good cheat sheet...atleast"I thought" 1987 allante shut down on me interstate bound 60mph....????check ECM!!!????Is it possible to clear codes and car might start?Or is it bound for parts...

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

carnut is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1988 Allante' (sold), 1984 Eldorado, 84 Sedan DeVille

Re: ECM: reset

Please, what are the codes?? Are you getting spark, are you getting fuel?

Onalaska is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 STS 1SF, 1990 Allante, 2006 XLR-V

I don't think clearing codes will fix a problem. Will it give you the codes so you can write them down. You may have a problem in the ECU itself if you can not read or clear codes. They are not that expensive to replace if that is the case. I joined AAA after I bought my Allante in case something like that happened!

carnut is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1988 Allante' (sold), 1984 Eldorado, 84 Sedan DeVille

Again, what codes do you have?

Unhappy Re: ECM: reset

car does crank,battery down! support from charger...When I key up system check:Low coolant[this is error] also History L110,B122,B127,B173,B334,B420,B441,B446,B552 Current:B556 ..... I was able to erase ECM codes. I need to verify spark yes or no and gas delivery....Hasn't been easy This isn't my only orphan.Some of these codes I do not see on ESP checklist?

Unhappy Re: ECM: reset

Well!....She cranks good....No spark.....No gas......Sucks! These bastards of a vehicle did this brand new at $58000.......Somebody should have figured this out by now you would think....Obviouslly GM didn't.

Talking Re: ECM: reset

THE GRAY LADY is Alive..........Finally called in someone with more skills and tools than me.It was an Igntion Module..........Now to get me some topless crusing

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.