I want an Allante'
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac Allante Forum Discussion, I want an Allante' in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; would anyone recomend these cars i dont know to much about them except that the parts were made in Italy ...
    majax is offline 32V Northstar

I want an Allante'

would anyone recomend these cars i dont know to much about them except that the parts were made in Italy then put on special 747's and flown over then put together. Also i know the 93 is the official pace car of the Indy 500. But my questions are, are they reliable for the most part, do you like your allante, and do they perform well?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

ben72227 is offline Banned

Re: I want an Allante'

They had their bodies (if i remember correctly) built by Pininfarina in Turin, Italy. I think that GM stopped making them cause they stopped selling; people didn't like them too much after a while. If you want a convertable Caddy majax, why not get an XLR?

carnut is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1988 Allante' (sold), 1984 Eldorado, 84 Sedan DeVille

Buy an '89 thru '92. Get the 4.5 engine. I own an '88 with the 4.1, great car but a little under powered. The 4.5 was a very bulletproof engine. Verify maintainence with regards to 2yr interval antifreeze replacement and annual brake fluid changes. I would recommend purchase thru the national Allante club to lessen the chances of poor maintainence. log onto allante.us and check the for sale section.

Thanks for the help, if I had $75,000 I would get an XLR .

Kcryan is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1992 Tripple Black Allante, RIP 98 catera

The allante was made from 87 to 93 the 93's have the northstar engine which pumps out 295hp however that engine comes at a premium all three years had a v8 early years had a 4.1 litre 170hp and the later ones had a 4.5 litre with 200 hp anyways i would reccomend the 91 or 92 they were both about the same and in my opinion ythey were the best year the 1993's had the good engine but as a cost cutting method they did not have the 10 way recaro seats and the bose music system among other things the allantes are really relible if you know what your doing they have the same problems and are usually easy to fix they just need a few things you have to change the coolent and brake fluid once a year. I had spent a few years looking and researching when a few months ago i decided on my black 92 ask more specific questions and i'll give you more specific answers

El Dobro is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

I bought my 93 over three years ago and am still happy with it. I went for the 93 because Cadillac took off things I didn't need and added things that I would want. I like the Northstar along with the newer suspension system and bigger brakes. I didn't need a redundant lighting system.

no i agree i dont need that lighting system either althought it is cool... i got my 92 based on the fact that i didnt need a race car i just wanted to cruise and the 4.5 litre gets the job done quite well with its low end torque I also couldnt really afford the 1993 and i wanted the 10 way seats not the 6 way i also wanted the 200 watt bose stero and a few other options i dont think theres really a bad allante but i felt that the 92 was for me the best choice it had every option i needed and the engine had been used many times before in other cadillacs and had all the bugs worked out of it wheras the North* was brand new and had from what i've heard a few minor problems
    again there all great cars i just like the 91-92 models but if you want speed the 93 is the best hands down
    KC Ryan

For curiousity's sake, what ten adjustments do Recaro seats have?

you know i'm gonna have to count and see what they are try to remember to do this later

Ozark Caddy is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Reliable is such a subjective term when one is filled with lust for a new toy. I would say that if you have a reasonable amount of disposable cash and or you are mechanically inclined than get the car you want. But if you are neither of those, buy a Honda. I have had my 89 now for two months and I love it. I like having the two tops and my 4.5L has plenty of power. I have put about $450 worth of parts into it since I bought it and many weekends of labor. But I enjoyed every minute of it. I looked for about a year before I was comfortable buying one. I probably passed up a couple of good deals, but didn't know they were deals at the time. I do enjoy driving this beauty around.
    Attached Images

I was wondering how much the Allante's costed brand new i know a '93 with around 50,000 miles in my area runs about $20,000. That Bose stereo sounds nice I saw that it is 200 watts. Oh and what kind of suspension do they have is it the Speed Sensitive Suspenision, I pretty much know they had that on the 93.

Thanks for everything else ya'll.

The window sticker on my 93 lists a retail price of $61,675.00. The earlier Allantes had the speed sensitive suspension. The 93 had road sensing suspension, also called real time damping.

Allante North * is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 1993 Triple Black Allante

Majax,

I've been an Allante owner for several years now and I bet you would love to drive one top down on a regular basis. My local GM dealer has one on the showroom floor that would make you a nice one. I believe its an "89" with about 70,000+- on the clock, and it can be had for about 7K. It has a hard top(different color, but could be painted to match) and its clean. If your interested I will give you some more contact info.

My advice to you is to search Ebay to see what they are selling for and try to test drive a few to see if its really what you want. You can get some good advice here if you have any particular questions. Year model is owner specific and we all have our preferances. Just find what fits your needs and budget and most of all research it very well before you pull the trigger.

Don

ok i didnt have time to check but i'm gonna guess that the 93's go forwatd, backward, up, down, and the back tilts forward and backi think the recaros go up, down , forwatd, back, the back tilts forward and back, the lumbar goes forward and back and i cant seem to recall the other two movements mabey the back goes up and down i'll try to figure those last ones out anyway there are the best seats i've ever had the pleasure to sit in but i will admit i've never been in a 93 to try the seats that i can remember
    KC Ryan

jerseyvette is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Ozark Caddy
    Reliable is such a subjective term when one is filled with lust for a new toy. I would say that if you have a reasonable amount of disposable cash and or you are mechanically inclined than get the car you want. But if you are neither of those, buy a Honda. I have had my 89 now for two months and I love it. I like having the two tops and my 4.5L has plenty of power. I have put about $450 worth of parts into it since I bought it and many weekends of labor. But I enjoyed every minute of it. I looked for about a year before I was comfortable buying one. I probably passed up a couple of good deals, but didn't know they were deals at the time. I do enjoy driving this beauty around.
    That red Allante is ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL..good luck with it...man I need to get my car's pic up here..

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.