I want an Allante' - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Cadillac Allante Forum Discussion, I want an Allante' in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; ok i checked and the seat tilts after mych playing around with it i decided that you really can find ...
    Kcryan is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1992 Tripple Black Allante, RIP 98 catera

Re: I want an Allante'

ok i checked and the seat tilts after mych playing around with it i decided that you really can find the perfect position i'm 6'1

El Dobro is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Ok, 93 seats adjust up and down, just front up and down, just rear up and down and front to back. The back adjusts forward and rearward. The lumbar adjusts in and out and up and down inside the seat back. That's why I was wondering how many other adjustments a Recaro can have. As for seat comfort, the seats in my Seville feel like I'm sitting on a cinder block. I wish they were as comfortable as the 93 Allante seats. I've also checked in a 93 Eldorado and the Allante seats are different.

majax is offline 32V Northstar

Well thanks for all the advice and help ill do my best to get my dad to buy me one. I think it could happen but we'll see haha.

Thanks

Catera V is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2001 catera

The Northstar cars get most of the press because of the engine and it is probably the best collector car. The 91-92 cars had reached a nice level of development and refinement and are very good choices for a great touring car. They are available for resonable prices. No matter what year, search for a very nice one and pay the extra required, you will be ahead in the long run. Catera V- Lead Allante development engineer.

Roger Ramjet is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I just traded my Black 93 in on an 04 CTS for my wife (also black which I said I would never do again but she loved the look). I really loved the Allante and as far as I'm concered 93 is the only year to own. The biggest concern I would have with any other years is the Bosch Anti-lock brake system. If it is not meticualoulsy and regularly maintained you are likely to suffer unannounced brake failure. The other major difference is the Northstar in the 93. No substitue for Brute power. The one I traded I had for 4 years and it had 60K on it. I'm now shopping for another low milage two top 93. I do have to say that I do most of my own work and the Allante has a wonderful diagnostic capability through the DIC. If you must pay someone to maintain the car for you I'm not sure I can recommend an Allante. The Allante Appreciation Group has an outstanding website that has more than paid for itself with helpfull hints and warnings. You don't have to be a member to access the Public portion of the site but for $40 a year you can get to the real sensitive information.

Just in response the bosch ABS III system used from 1987-1992 does not to be "meticlusly maintained" in my opionion and rarely does it fail "unnanounced" it gives plenty of warning lights on teh dash and through the DIC people just ignore them. if you see one of these lights stop and have your car looked at. This can be avoided by simple brake fluid changes once every year.
    KC Ryan

Celtlion Guest

I own a 91 Allante and have found the 4.5 engine to be plenty of power for me personally- regardless of which year you decide on have someone knowledgable check out the car before you sign that check..some Allante problems can get real expensive...especially if you're not the DIY type.

majax is offline 32V Northstar

I'm not a DIY'er yet but maybe someday soon, I'm tryin to learn. I like the black Allante' in your avatar.

I see you got 7 posts, hope you like it here .
    This place can be funny , weird , and fun(fun kinda goes hand in hand with funny)!

Wheels is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I have been seeing a white Allante for sale at a carlot down the steet from my work. after reading the comments about the different years I might stop and see what it is like. I live in a small town and rare cars don't sell well here so sometimes they have low prices on them.

nicedad1 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Knowledgeable people have answered most of what you want to know. Here's a few things you need to know:

The visors are prone to flop down,

The center map light console between the visors is prone to damage,

The SDD shocks are no longer available,

The switches for the windows and seats are prone to be intermittent,

The BOSE system amplifiers are often no good,

The top mechanism was designed by Rube Goldberg and the "Pull-down" motor and associated parts are often broken, bent or damaged,

The '93 is a whole different animal with its own set of issues, but very quick, and fun to drive,

Parts is an issue, but there's always somebody out there with what you want. Parts are not cheap, but sometimes available at the local dealer. I bought a second car just for parts. I sold the headlights for $200 each. What does that tell you?

NOTHING on this car is cheap.

If you want one on eBay, you get what you pay for (in general). Maintenance is a MUST, and some owners just don't do it, and you might wind up with the costs which may be substantial. Go and LOOK at the car, or have a representative go and look for you. Even if you have to fly to see two or three cars, it will save you in the long run, believe me.

It's the most fun car I've ever had... but it comes at a price. If I were to do it again, I would find one with very low miles (under 30K Miles) and pay the price. They're out there, you just have to wait and watch. I practically had to rebuild mine as nothing was right when I got it despite the description which said there "were no known defects."

just so you know new OEM head lights are avaible for 160-180

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.