Buying a '87 or '88 - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Cadillac Allante Forum Discussion, Buying a '87 or '88 in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Originally Posted by wcoates Anybody that buys an Allante across the country sight unseen is a ..............( you fill in ...
    Stealth is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Is one enough ?

Re: Buying a '87 or '88

Quote Originally Posted by wcoates View Post
    Anybody that buys an Allante across the country sight unseen is a ..............( you fill in the blanks)

Car has arrived. Car was not really driven for over a year and we all know what that means!

Still beginning to love her but want to get physically sick each time I look at the damage the car hauler did. (sat over the cab and he caught the passenger fender in blind spot). Damn near makes me sick to look at her! Might just have to be parted out!

OR, She is probably in the cave on jack stands 'til spring. She will be a lady when she comes out! Have named her Eliza (Doolittle).

Never ever buy w/o a personal inspection.

deceit, small claims court and then hauler damage-I hope means the worst is behind.

I did offer to go and perform the inspection.
    something I said?

The attached is the one that makes me ill. Fix it or replace the fender?

REPLACE !

they go for around $75 to $150.
    for that, i would never consider hammering a beat up fender that will never ever feel like it should.

there are tons of PEARL whites out there, you can probably find one, bolt it on and you are all set to go.

Ieradi is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1992 Allante

The attached is the one that makes me ill. Fix it or replace the fender?
    Just the fender...I agree...replace it. Do you have a claim against the tow company?

NICE LOOKING RIMS

wcoates is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1989 Red Allante,

Am speaking with tow company's insurance. they don't seem to appreciate Allante parts pricing.

Tony the rims are Arelli's (never heard of them but the are all over various discount tire sights.) They are on nearly new Michelin 255/45/17 and seem to fit the Allante nicely. Just put them on craigslist in Pittsburgh and Cleveland for $600. Hope they don't sell as that might be the death sentence.

This will be parts or a real lady. Jury is still out!

Body guy I spoke with today says replace , so I am looking for a passenger front fender. He would prefer it to be pearl white to start with. What is the pearl white paint code?

( you guys wouldn't believe what comes out of a fuel filter that hasn't been changed to 100,000 miles--air filter-a disgrace) Hope my Eliza Doolittle can be a lady by spring!
    Wheels are growing on me!
    Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Allantesource View Post
    Replacing a fender is not that difficult and there are plenty around. The only issue with that will be having a reasonable color match on a pearl white car. That can be tough.
    Dick and group
    one of the gents that I've met in South Carolina, Jack Ohmsen has a pearl parts car. Willing to take off if it doesn't entail cutting etc. Any help with what it takes to get it off would be appreciated!

Edahall is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 93 & 88 Allante, 88 Eldorado

Dick and group
    one of the gents that I've met in South Carolina, Jack Ohmsen has a pearl parts car. Willing to take off if it doesn't entail cutting etc. Any help with what it takes to get it off would be appreciated!
    Fender removal does not entail any cutting. It does take those star type bits but removal is pretty straight forward.

on a parts car, maybe 20 minutes.

more on yours since you got other things in the way.

Tony the rims are Arelli's (never heard of them but the are all over various discount tire sights.) They are on nearly new Michelin 255/45/17 and seem to fit the Allante nicely. Just put them on craigslist in Pittsburgh and Cleveland for $600. Hope they don't sell as that might be the death sentence.

This will be parts or a real lady. Jury is still out!
    Nice looking rims, saw them up on CL where you had them listed. Any bites? Are you going to replace with stock rims?

Sounds like you may have a fender...

Tony
    yes they are a nice set of wheels. I found it interesting that the wheels are 255/45/17 and fit nicely. Yes I will put original wheels on the car 'til it gets sorted out. Only because they have been sitting in the garage since I put 03 CTS wheels on my '89. I also bought a set of highly polished '05 CTS and they sit on the shelf. Two cars- 4 sets of wheels-at least one too many.

No bites except for an obvious CL scam.

Will use your fine looking pearl white car as my standard for putting Eliza back together.

The fender- I hope -we'll see. Found two in yards in Ohio-they want 5 big ones, I don't think so!
    Attached Images

Bill,

Do you ever use all sets of rims? The 05's sounds nice. Any movemnet on CL?

No, its a old man insomniac middle of the night bid just 'cause they be cheap. OBVIOUSLY at least one set too many1

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.