The time to buy a Cadillac Allante is here - FOR-SALE ? L@@K in CRAIGSLIST .. buyt ! - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree1Likes
Cadillac Allante Forum Discussion, The time to buy a Cadillac Allante is here - FOR-SALE ? L@@K in CRAIGSLIST .. buyt ! in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; My then-soon-to-be wife bought a used Miata while we were on vacation in Palm Springs in February, 1994 and we ...
    c5 rv is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 91 Allante (gone), 06 SRX (gone)

Re: The time to buy a Cadillac Allante is here - FOR-SALE ? L@@K in CRAIGSLIST .. bu

My then-soon-to-be wife bought a used Miata while we were on vacation in Palm Springs in February, 1994 and we drove it back to Michigan. It was a great road trip and we didn't hit a bit of snow or ice.

Edahall is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 93 & 88 Allante, 88 Eldorado

Re: The time to buy a Cadillac Allante is here - FOR-SALE ? L@@K in CRAIGSLIST .. bu

Quote Originally Posted by Stealth View Post
    this is a Phase II 1990 1/2 in nice condition .. ...
    Zal, I checked on this car several weeks ago and it has problems with the brakes (probably expensive repair) and the passenger side window (not so expensive).

Jesda is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): An endless stream of Sevilles.

Temptation strikes!

Stealth is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Is one enough ?

Quote Originally Posted by Edahall View Post
    Zal, I checked on this car several weeks ago and it has problems with the brakes (probably expensive repair) and the passenger side window (not so expensive).
    Ed,

The car has a couple things going for it ..
    it is a PHASE II,
    its a PEARL White,
    its clean, in and out.
    price was greatly reduced and finally sold for the price of a parts car.

as to the brakes, yes, it needs an $200 accumulator. The ABS seems to be working properly but the accumulator has lost its charge. Also needs a brake fluid flush ASAP as there is either air or moisture in there.

we knew about the window, no big deal there, motor or belt or express relay.

probably the toughest repair will most likely be the digital display on the center of the D.I.C. that needs replacement, taking down the D.I.C. cant be fun.

other than that, maintenance items of course.

If coates hadnt bought it, for the final price, it be mine today - the car has lots of good parts that I could use in my fleet.

out of courtesy and friendship - we go back a long time - I stepped aside and let Bill take it - I knew he wanted one just like it, i informed him when I found it, he jumped at it.
    Bill wasnt even looking or hoping for a Phase II in that price range - damn lucky Bill - its gonna cost him a beer.

The ABS master cyl, should it need one, can now be had under $400 if you look hard enough.
    Lots of cars being parted these days.

BTW, I know the feeling.
    Myself, I got me a triple black '92 for the cost of a parts car and she is gonna be the most gorgeous Allante in town after a few part swaps.

Stealth is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Is one enough ?

Not a day goes without spotting a car under $2,000 these days.
    Are they are about to hit the $1,000 and down ?

wcoates is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1989 Red Allante,

Stealth
    It is getting to the point where we all should have more than one. You are a Mustang guy, I was a Corvette guy ( now I need a crane to get in and out of the blasted thing) , none us us that ever loved cars cut their eye teeth on an Allante. Though a PITA, there was never a better lookin' car made IMHO. Gauge of steel used was premium, paint was thick = most with bodies still good. Engines with proper maintenance are good for 200-300,000 miles.

Dick, Tom R, Johnny Monzo can help us fix them. Waymore, Coolparts, Thedon, and others are still tearing them down. Parts getting cheap, Front fender for my white beast on it's way at less than $150 DELIVERED.

We have got to get out and promote the cars at carshows to the Big-Block HP guys as cool summer rides. (need a facsimile window sticker to stick on the dash to start a conversation, just PM me). You'll have many talk to you and tell you they always liked 'em and never could afford them.

Best value toy car in America, worst (don't even say the word) investment ever. Let's keep gettin' the word out!

c5 rv is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 91 Allante (gone), 06 SRX (gone)

Quote Originally Posted by wcoates View Post
    ... Best value toy car in America, worst (don't even say the word) investment ever. ...
    The Allante looks 5-star rated compared to recent statements from my brokers.

prospyder is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 Silver STS V6, 1990 Red Allante

I just spotted this '89 for $2,000 posting on the St. Louis CraigsList: http://stlouis.craigslist.org/cto/1497470106.html
    Heck, buy it and sell the hardtop and you've got half your money back!
    I wish I had the $ and a place to keep it.
    I don't know condition or anything else about the Allante, but the price sure is right and it looks good in the pix.
    Jim
    Webster Groves, MO

Ieradi is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1992 Allante

Bill - your car still awaits in PA...I'm on my way to pick it up for you...wire the money to my Grand Cayman account so the wife doesn't know.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1990-...item25581d4f3e

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.