Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Colors by years

5K views 19 replies 7 participants last post by  Stealth 
#1 ·
Does anyone have the production breakdown by color for each year?

#2 ·
sure do.

what color or year are you interested on?

#4 ·

do a Google on < Cadillac Allante XYZ facts >
and you will likely find what you ask for.

#9 ·
YES, TWO types:

1. in 1993, Pearl Flax which is faded yellow, 88 made
like the one on the post above

2. Ferrari Yellow, coded "Special", unk quantity, I have seen ONE '92 Ferrari Yellow FOR-SALE, I believe in the Carolinas - sold for an ungodly amount, but it was a HARD TOP series and the HARD TOP was included.
-- i will look for the pictures when time allows --

#8 ·
Originally Posted by Ieradi
:alchi:Second time I've seen this car up for sale. Not sure what they're thinking or how much glue-sniffing is going on but that price is way over the top!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Cadil...=p4506.c0.m245

It is HARD TOP series and looks like a Pearl Flax ?
PU100022, 98U

wait to the guy looks at the codes in the trunk and finds out that he has a 98U Pearl Flax (yellow) car, only 88 made .. he will double the price.

. Attached Thumbnails

Allanté - JU100XXX Stealth Black :cool2: due to retire in Sept '08

Allanté - JU100XXX Red, retired :crowded:

#10 ·
Bill,

how did you do that?
MY signature become yours?

#14 ·
anything is possible.

If I had the car, most of the time I probably could tell you who has the top.

but
other tops can also be had, from $150 to $1,500, depending on location and tenacity of buyer.

#16 ·
my infinite wisdom tells me that there are more hard tops than cars at this point.
And yes, I be willing to bet on it.

anyone would like to interpret that?

#17 ·
Zal

Guesses only to your question. about 9000+ cars dated '87-89 MY all had hardtops. I've heard/rumors of 600-700 '93 tops either factory or dealer installed. How many '90-'92 had optional hard tops? Have never heard a guesstimate for that number.

So we know that about 10,000 (maybe as much as half) of the 21430 produced over 7 MY had hardtops. Have seen many Allantes in bone yards but never one with a hardtop as they get scrapped/wrecked with the top either stored in the rafters or falling on cars while propped against the garage wall. Guess your premise is that there are less than 10,000 Allantes still on the road. Close?!!!

#18 ·
YES, I have yet to see one hard top destroyed. I'm sure some were, but probably few.

THE official estimate by those that kept track BEFORE MY TIME, was 8,000 survivors in 2003. How many have you seen parted since? Or simply go by the Insurance Institute estimates, which put them at about 5,000 today. I think there are more than 5,000 survivors, but not much more.

If every hard top came out, there be a top on every car and many hard tops begging to be adopted .. IF they came out!

I do have a thread somewhere in one of the sites that goes into painful detail on estimates and justification.
Let me know if you run into it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.