1988 Allante -- 282,643 miles at the end
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac Allante Forum Discussion, 1988 Allante -- 282,643 miles at the end in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Today was a sad day for me. My red Allante, manufactured in Dec 1987 was given to a recycler in ...
    Allante1988 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

1988 Allante -- 282,643 miles at the end

Today was a sad day for me. My red Allante, manufactured in Dec 1987 was given to a recycler in San Francisco. 20 years of great service. 282,643 miles and a great ride to the end. Only the red hard top is on the living room floor with the Original Owner's Manual and the well worn dark blue shop manual.

I repaired almost everything in it over the years. Rewired the dash module; replaced the ABS, and rode the chrome right off the original wheels. The body still looked good and I hope several people get the benefit of the spare parts.

When I was rear-ended last Christmas, the insurance company could only get me a gold threaded rear right tail lens. Didn't quite match the silver threaded one on the left but it worked just fine.

A great friend to the end. This was the 2nd head gasket failure. The first failure was at 180,000. I decided since I can't get parts any longer to just say 'good bye' and buy something else...with American leather seats. That early Italian leather was awful.

Still, for anyone wondering how many miles a 1988 Allante can go...I got my 282,643 miles. I would love to hear from anyone that got more miles than I did! I will miss my colorful dashboard every morning when I start up the new car.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Lord Cadillac is offline Cadillac Maniac
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Escalade

Re: 1988 Allante -- 282,643 miles at the end

Welcome aboard! I'm going to move this to the Allante section, if you don't mind...

Sorry to hear the Caddy had to go! What do you plan on replacing her with?
    Please help us keep CadillacOwners.com online. Become a Site Supporter today. You'll get more than a "thank you" in return.

In loving memory of Angelo Anthony Quagliaralillo... Rest in peace..

Kcryan is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1992 Tripple Black Allante, RIP 98 catera

Whad you buy now?

Also interested in selling the top? Drop me a PM,

Congrats on 20 years of fun.

Allantesource is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

The highest mileage I know of on any Allante' was 439,211 on a '93 Allante', which was hit hard in the rear and totaled. Engine (at 350k) and tranny (at 225k) had both been replaced. The owner went out a found another '93 and has that one over 200k now from about 80k when he bought it. His first Allante' was an '89 that he drove to 330k. He's had more fun than any of us. He'll have over a million Allante' miles by the time he retires in about 4 years. We found out something from his first '93. When the digital cluster odometer goes past 399,999, it reads 00000, not 400,000. So when the car went through a salvage auction, 39211 was showing as the mileage on the odometer. There is another high mileage '93 Allante' in FL also belonging to a road salesman which has about 340k on it. Engine and tranny are both original. Since he retired he has restored the car cosmetically. To see it you would never know it has that many miles on it. It still looks and runs fine. Then there's a 1990 in Indiana with 306k on it. It has been lovingly maintained and looks new. Our champagne '91 with 178k, blue '92 with 141k, and pearl red '93 with 131k will never catch any of them. I only drive about 15k per year and my wife about 12k.

KINGKELLYO is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

i got 238,453 on my 1987 pearl white with the hard top..i wish i could put some pix up but every time i try i mess up. it's on 22 inch rims ..and im in the bay area my self OAKLAND and drive mine's to Phoenix AZ TWICE A WEEK . she got flowmaster and sound real good to .

G.A.R.Y. is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 93 allante black

allante1988
    Sorry to hear of the loss of a good friend. I have a '93 and I agree with you on the seats. Look at the new Bmw's and MB. Seats as hard as rocks. Then check out the DTS and feel real comfort. You won't find another car like your old friend, unless it's another allante. Check out the 08 cts, might make you forget about her after a while.

Stealth is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Is one enough ?

Quote Originally Posted by Allante1988 View Post
    Today was a sad day for me. My red Allante, manufactured in Dec 1987 was given to a recycler in San Francisco. 20 years of great service. 282,643 miles and a great ride to the end. Only the red hard top is on the living room floor with the Original Owner's Manual and the well worn dark blue shop manual.

I repaired almost everything in it over the years. Rewired the dash module; replaced the ABS, and rode the chrome right off the original wheels. The body still looked good and I hope several people get the benefit of the spare parts.

When I was rear-ended last Christmas, the insurance company could only get me a gold threaded rear right tail lens. Didn't quite match the silver threaded one on the left but it worked just fine.

A great friend to the end. This was the 2nd head gasket failure. The first failure was at 180,000. I decided since I can't get parts any longer to just say 'good bye' and buy something else...with American leather seats. That early Italian leather was awful.

Still, for anyone wondering how many miles a 1988 Allante can go...I got my 282,643 miles. I would love to hear from anyone that got more miles than I did! I will miss my colorful dashboard every morning when I start up the new car.
    I'm putting together a thread for retired Allantes .. any pictures, would be welcomed .. please email if you have .
    you will find my email in my signature (remove all spaces).

thanks

Stealth is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Is one enough ?

Quote Originally Posted by KINGKELLYO View Post
    i got 238,453 on my 1987 pearl white with the hard top..i wish i could put some pix up but every time i try i mess up. it's on 22 inch rims ..and im in the bay area my self OAKLAND and drive mine's to Phoenix AZ TWICE A WEEK . she got flowmaster and sound real good to .
    email pix to me .. I will post them.

thanks

sofia is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): allante

I feel your pain today my Sofia will go away 152,000 I always hoped to be more like 250K, love her dearly but all things....

c5 rv is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 91 Allante (gone), 06 SRX (gone)

Wow... My 91 might hit 35,000 this summer if we ever get rid of the rain.

babylac89 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1993 Cadillac Allante-Northstar

I just turn 30,000 miles on my '93 about a month ago!

Chief

wcoates is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1989 Red Allante,

This is the fourth driving season for me. Bought it at not quite 59,000 and currently at 73,500. Greg we are getting all your rain also. 1900 miles this summer season due to the rain. hoping for a good fall driving season before the 12-01-09 hibernation.

We could use some of that rain here in SoCal, we haven't been under 100 degrees all week! It's too hot to even have your top down.

Chief

c5 rv is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 91 Allante (gone), 06 SRX (gone)

It was so chilly today that I had to put the top up and heat on when we were coming home this early evening. We got into the upper 60s for a couple hours this afternoon. Otherwise, it was 50s and lower 60s with a stiff breeze. Good thing I wasn't counting on global warming to justify buying an Allante.

Greg...being that you put as many miles a year on your car as I do, it's fairly easy to choose the type of weather that you wish to drive in!!!

Chief

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.