1988 Allante -- 282,643 miles at the end - Page 2
Cadillac
 

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 16 to 29 of 29
Cadillac Allante Forum Discussion, 1988 Allante -- 282,643 miles at the end in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Originally Posted by babylac89 Greg...being that you put as many miles a year on your car as I do, it's ...
  1. #16
    c5 rv's Avatar
    c5 rv is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 91 Allante (gone), 06 SRX (gone)
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    4,398

    Re: 1988 Allante -- 282,643 miles at the end

    Quote Originally Posted by babylac89 View Post
    Greg...being that you put as many miles a year on your car as I do, it's fairly easy to choose the type of weather that you wish to drive in!!!

    Chief
    When I was very young, my (much older) sister visited with her new husband - a doctor. He drove a new, early 60s DeVille convertible. I can still hear my father's words when I asked him why he didn't buy a convertible. "Why would anyone in their right mind buy a convertible in Ohio when you can only have the top down for a few months a year?"

  2. #17
    Ieradi's Avatar
    Ieradi is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1992 Allante
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Media, PA outside of Philadelp
    Age
    50
    Posts
    231

    Re: 1988 Allante -- 282,643 miles at the end

    Our "new" Allante we picked up in Indiana and drove back to Philadelphia had 99,720 on it and rolled on the way home. I wanted to catch it 100k but missed the moment in all the fun we were having. Here's a link at 100,400 miles in Ohio (yes it was raining!)

    I now have 102,032

    http://picasaweb.google.com/AIeradi/...39174558645778

  3. #18
    babylac89's Avatar
    babylac89 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1993 Cadillac Allante-Northstar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    "The OC"
    Posts
    186

    Re: 1988 Allante -- 282,643 miles at the end

    Tony..."What a beautiful car!" I love the custom work they did for the CD, it looks factory! It looks like you found a real gem, I've always felt there is a difference between a 'used car' and a 'previously enjoyed automobile!' Your Allante looks like it was both enjoyed and well taken care of.

    Chief

  4. #19
    babylac89's Avatar
    babylac89 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1993 Cadillac Allante-Northstar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    "The OC"
    Posts
    186

    Re: 1988 Allante -- 282,643 miles at the end

    Quote Originally Posted by c5 rv View Post
    When I was very young, my (much older) sister visited with her new husband - a doctor. He drove a new, early 60s DeVille convertible. I can still hear my father's words when I asked him why he didn't buy a convertible. "Why would anyone in their right mind buy a convertible in Ohio when you can only have the top down for a few months a year?"
    The day you bought the Allante you deleted the word "practicality" from your vocabulary! My wife hit the nail on the head about five years ago when I bought mine. She said... "You don't need an Allante, you just want one!" That statement is still true to this day!

    Chief

  5. #20
    Ieradi's Avatar
    Ieradi is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1992 Allante
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Media, PA outside of Philadelp
    Age
    50
    Posts
    231

    Re: 1988 Allante -- 282,643 miles at the end

    Quote Originally Posted by babylac89 View Post
    Tony..."What a beautiful car!" I love the custom work they did for the CD, it looks factory! It looks like you found a real gem, I've always felt there is a difference between a 'used car' and a 'previously enjoyed automobile!' Your Allante looks like it was both enjoyed and well taken care of.

    Chief
    Thanks Chief! I traveled over 1,000 miles on plane and highway with the wife to get it and I felt pretty lucky when it turned out to be pretty much everything I saw and Bill C told me. The after-market stereo is a nice touch. I velcro'd the remote on the center console (small piece...non intrusive).

    Bill described the previous owner as a guy that liked to make an Allante nice versus buy a nice Allante.

    So...did you notice the 1989 seats? That was the only surprise to me. I did add the pin stripe as well. I may add small-profile mud flaps. Other than that I love the car just the way it is.

  6. #21
    c5 rv's Avatar
    c5 rv is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 91 Allante (gone), 06 SRX (gone)
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    4,398

    Re: 1988 Allante -- 282,643 miles at the end

    Quote Originally Posted by Ieradi View Post
    So...did you notice the 1989 seats? That was the only surprise to me.
    What's the story there?

  7. #22
    Ieradi's Avatar
    Ieradi is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1992 Allante
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Media, PA outside of Philadelp
    Age
    50
    Posts
    231

    Re: 1988 Allante -- 282,643 miles at the end

    Quote Originally Posted by c5 rv View Post
    What's the story there?
    Apparently the original 92 seats were not in that good of shape (despite the rest of the car) and he replaced them with 89's. I did not see that in the photos of the seats online and would have never thought to ask.

  8. #23
    babylac89's Avatar
    babylac89 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1993 Cadillac Allante-Northstar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    "The OC"
    Posts
    186

    Re: 1988 Allante -- 282,643 miles at the end

    Everything looked so perfect, I didn't even notice the '89 seats until you mentioned it!

    Chief

  9. #24
    wcoates is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1989 Red Allante,
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Canfield Ohio
    Posts
    315

    Re: 1988 Allante -- 282,643 miles at the end

    Greg, Tony Whether it's you guys in Michigan and Philly or me in Ohio, we gotta realize that our season has about two more months until hibrenation. But damn today's 45 mile trip to get bread and milk sure was fun. (yeh I live about 1/2 mile from the store). Top will stay down 'til????

    Tony just put an outside upper bolster on my phase two black seats from my parted 90.5 , about ready for ebay. Sure glad you had a good experience with buying from my ole friend Scott Flack.

    Chief you might know by visiting the allante.com allantenet section but these other guys might not. Scott's beloved dog escaped and was hit and left for dead! Currently being treated at Purdue Veterinary Hospital. Bills will be (current estimate) $5500. Wow, don't know what I'd do but Scott is selling his '89 currently on ebay for a BIN of $4150 to cover the Vet bill.

    High miles but done just like Tony's 92. Anybody looking could do alot worse than less than $4k for a summer ride. Guys on the other site have contributed over $400 so far. ?Use flackscott@msn.com to contact him. Great pics on that site from that site with the doggie nuerologist.( damn).

  10. #25
    babylac89's Avatar
    babylac89 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1993 Cadillac Allante-Northstar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    "The OC"
    Posts
    186

    Re: 1988 Allante -- 282,643 miles at the end

    Quote Originally Posted by wcoates View Post
    Greg, Tony Whether it's you guys in Michigan and Philly or me in Ohio, we gotta realize that our season has about two more months until hibrenation. But damn today's 45 mile trip to get bread and milk sure was fun. (yeh I live about 1/2 mile from the store). Top will stay down 'til????

    Tony just put an outside upper bolster on my phase two black seats from my parted 90.5 , about ready for ebay. Sure glad you had a good experience with buying from my ole friend Scott Flack.

    Chief you might know by visiting the allante.com allantenet section but these other guys might not. Scott's beloved dog escaped and was hit and left for dead! Currently being treated at Purdue Veterinary Hospital. Bills will be (current estimate) $5500. Wow, don't know what I'd do but Scott is selling his '89 currently on ebay for a BIN of $4150 to cover the Vet bill.

    High miles but done just like Tony's 92. Anybody looking could do alot worse than less than $4k for a summer ride. Guys on the other site have contributed over $400 so far. ?Use flackscott@msn.com to contact him. Great pics on that site from that site with the doggie nuerologist.( damn).
    Needless to say Bill, you know that I have already donated and am looking forward to my autographed photo of "Jackson!" Anyone on this forum who is a serious animal lover has to appreciate that this man is giving up one of his babies to save another! If it works out for your wallet, and it's in your heart, then PLEASE donate to this most worthy of causes!

    Chief

  11. #26
    Ieradi's Avatar
    Ieradi is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1992 Allante
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Media, PA outside of Philadelp
    Age
    50
    Posts
    231

    Re: 1988 Allante -- 282,643 miles at the end

    Quote Originally Posted by babylac89 View Post
    Needless to say Bill, you know that I have already donated and am looking forward to my autographed photo of "Jackson!" Anyone on this forum who is a serious animal lover has to appreciate that this man is giving up one of his babies to save another! If it works out for your wallet, and it's in your heart, then PLEASE donate to this most worthy of causes!

    Chief
    Bill - I know the road Scott lives on is a busy highway...sorry to hear about that. Are donations being accepted on the other site? I saw his other Allante as well and it is in nice shape. He has a hard top (grey) which he was going to try on it. I'll have to check on eBay...

    And yes...I have been driving the hell out of mine knowing the weather will end before we know it here in South East PA!

  12. #27
    wcoates is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1989 Red Allante,
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Canfield Ohio
    Posts
    315

    Re: 1988 Allante -- 282,643 miles at the end

    Tony

    donations can be sent flackscott@msn.com

    He just posted all his parts on the other site. Yes he has the gray top listed WITH the electric hoist both for $500. Interested in just the top, tell him Coates will buy the hoist but he has to install.

    Raining all week here!

  13. #28
    Ieradi's Avatar
    Ieradi is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1992 Allante
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Media, PA outside of Philadelp
    Age
    50
    Posts
    231

    Re: 1988 Allante -- 282,643 miles at the end

    Quote Originally Posted by wcoates View Post
    Tony

    donations can be sent flackscott@msn.com

    He just posted all his parts on the other site. Yes he has the gray top listed WITH the electric hoist both for $500. Interested in just the top, tell him Coates will buy the hoist but he has to install.

    Raining all week here!
    Thanks Bill - That seems like a reasonable price for both...the hoist is rather cool. I can limk via Paypal. I suspect the rain is coming here.

  14. #29
    Jesda's Avatar
    Jesda is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): An endless stream of Sevilles.
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    St Louis MO
    Age
    32
    Posts
    22,126

    Re: 1988 Allante -- 282,643 miles at the end

    I'm late to the thread but wanted to express my condolences. Sorry for your loss, bro.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Bookmarks

Cadillac Posting Rules

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Read about Lincoln | Buick | Kia Forte Forum
Need products for your Cadillac? Check out your options at the links below:

custom floor mats | Cadillac Chrome and Black Chrome Wheels | window tinting