Automatic Locks
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Allante Forum Discussion, Automatic Locks in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I just purchased a 92 Allante yesterday and am having problems with the locks. Instructions say if I lock the ...
    cruzinwoman is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Automatic Locks

I just purchased a 92 Allante yesterday and am having problems with the locks. Instructions say if I lock the door automatically and use the key the alarm won't go off. Drivers door doesn't unset lock but the passenger side does disarm the alarm. Also having trouble saving the settings when I set the seats to go to the set positions.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

El Dobro is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Re: Automatic Locks

You turn the alarm on by hitting the lock button when you leave the car and you turn it off by opening the door with the key. The lock cylinder for the door has a switch that you're turning the alarm off with. Does your passenger door unlock when you turn the driver's door key lock twice? It could be that the switch inside the door is shot.
    Go over to www.allante.us and post your question there. They should be able to help you.

Ozark Caddy is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: Automatic Locks

Your door locks can easily be modified to keyless with the typical button fob found on new cars. JC Whitney sells several kits for this purpose starting as low as $39.99. The kit comes with complete instructions for installation and if you choose I am sure any place that installs stereos could do the work for you. JC Whitney also sells replacement power units for GM power door locks for all GM products from 73-92.
    Attached Images

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.