Cadillac Owners Forum banner
67K views 104 replies 67 participants last post by  El Snocat 
#1 ·
#33 ·
guess it's phase I, as the top latches at the top corners. still learning about these babies.
has 130k miles, but looks and drives like new....after i got the one gremlin repaired. tranny was also leaking a little, but a friend has a transmission shop, so he serviced the tranny and installed a pan new gasket and that fixed that.
bud

#35 ·
if the car has over 50,000 miles pour a 12 oz bottle of LUCAS into the trani .. amazing stuff!

#36 ·
Hello all. Pretty new to the forums, thought I'd post pics of my 1988 Allante. Bought back in May, just clicked over 88,500 miles. 17" Epic rims and all records since new.

Awarded First Place in Class 23 (Allante/XLR) at the 2008 Cadillac LaSalle Club Picnic (Northwest Region) on Sunday, August 26th, 2008.

#49 ·
This will be my first post though I have gleaned a lot of information from everyone and THANK YOU! My cost effective summer car has turned into a money pit, though I have to admit, when all is working I love the car... Purchased last March (2011) from a person claiming it was a daily driver and when I complained about the poor description he claimed it was "buyers remorse". My only remorse was not spending more money for one in better shape! LOL! Pretty sure this was someone's parts car as I keep finding so many things are missing - the latest would be rear springs! I thought it was riding rough in the rear and replaced the struts but still had the problem...
Within the past 30 days it has experienced a blown head gasket (towed 160 miles home) and the transmission went out in the Mojave on my way to Santa Fe. With help from Tom & Dick I have been able to get parts and keep her on the road. She is approaching 200K miles and still looks marvelous :)...
The pictures are mostly from two summer roadtrips - San Francisco to Calgary & Denver taking mostly 2-lane highways & San Francisco to Santa Fe though the car made it only as far as Kingman and home.
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Coupé Convertible
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Coupé Sedan
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Convertible Automotive design
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Personal luxury car Sedan
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Convertible Personal luxury car
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Sedan Coupé
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Performance car Coupé

#60 · (Edited)
Hey looka atta my Japanese creative special Allante!!

Hello fellas,
am an Allante owner from Japan! Mine is 1989 red,from Hollywood,California direct import version.
As a Japanese traffic law, we need orange winkers on rear,also on side,so mine has extra orange lumps
which spoils that sexy white rear end, I think. Mine also has quite alot of facilities lika:juke box-cd player in ctr,Italy/US flag on rear boot,Troy Donahue Surfside 6 sticker and lisense plate on as am a big fan of Donahue and Connie Stevens!!
and Susan Anton on passenger' seat which everyone watches and take a picture, as well. So my Allante named "Marietta" is sort a star oi the street!! Lt.Ogata Tokyo

Attachments