Cadillac Aera Forum Discussion, Cadillac Aera Concept in Cadillac News, Concepts, Future Models, Rumors and more; The Cadillac Aera Concept (Aero plus Era) is an ultra light weight 1,000 pound 2+2 four passenger touring coupe that's ...
The Cadillac Aera Concept (Aero plus Era) is an ultra light weight 1,000 pound 2+2 four passenger touring coupe that's designed to be safe and comfortable while delivery a satisfying driving experience without taking anything away from "style". It's made from organic materials and powered by compressed air. It has a range of 1,000 miles before refueling.
- Highly advanced body structure utilizes a 3D lattice, mono-formed frame.
- All major body parts, including interior components, are essentially "grown" into a single part lattice structure.
- Uses compressed air via a highly efficient Pneumatic Drive System (PDS). Its 10,000 psi composite air storage tank has ample capacity for a 1000 mile range.
- A flexible polymer skin optimizes aerodynamics and functions as an ultra-lightweight alternative to conventional body panels and glass.
- All-In-One (AIO) wheel system, combining rotary actuator propulsion, steering and suspension functions.
- A drive by wireless system decreases the mass of electrical components.
- Vehicle to vehicle communication (V2V) promotes active safety.