2008 CTS Headlamp RECALL - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
All Cadillac Recalls and Your Car History Discussion, 2008 CTS Headlamp RECALL in Service history, Maintenance log, Recalls; Originally Posted by Tori18 My Driver headlight has gone out as well jus purchased a 2008 CTS a month ago.. ...
    Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service

Re: 2008 CTS Headlamp RECALL

Quote Originally Posted by Tori18 View Post
    My Driver headlight has gone out as well jus purchased a 2008 CTS a month ago.. how do i find out if i have standard Halogen head lights?
    Hi Tori18,

If you PM me your VIN and contact information I would be happy to check if the recall applies to your vehicle and set up a dealership appointment if necessary. Hope to hear from you soon.

Austin J.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Vaughn09 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS

I have a 09 CTS and both headlights went out recently. Is there an issue with the connectors? Seems a lot of people are experiencing with melted connectors. I am planning to see it for myself tomorrow. Please help!!!

ehindman is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS 4 3.6 DI

Vaughn09,
    There was a recall on the headlights that required replacement of the wiring harnesses. I think a new bulb was included. You will need to check with the dealer to see if your car already had the recall done.

4. Remove Advertisements
    Cadillac Forums
    Advertisements

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughn09 View Post
    I have a 09 CTS and both headlights went out recently. Is there an issue with the connectors? Seems a lot of people are experiencing with melted connectors. I am planning to see it for myself tomorrow. Please help!!!
    Hi Vaughn09,

I’m sorry that both of your headlights went out and I would be happy to check your VIN for any open recalls. Please PM me your VIN and I can run it in our system.

Have a great night,

Austin J.
    Cadillac Customer Care

tlam1977 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 Cadillac CTS Base
    I own a 2008 Cadillac cts base model that is effected by this headlight issue. Is it possible to still get my vehicle fixed under recall and how do I go about doing this?

Post copied to CTS for further info.

tlam1977 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 Cadillac CTS Base
    OK so I searched open recalls for my vehicle but it says there was no recall for my vehicle concerning the headlamps. I believe my vehicle is affected by this. How do I double check? Especially cause they did recalls on what is wrong with my vehicle. Why pay out of pocket when gm should

8. Remove Advertisements
    Cadillac Forums
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

What Cadillac(s) do you own? (Or type NONE)

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.