2008 CTS Timing chain recall? - Page 11
Cadillac
 

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Results 151 to 161 of 161
Like Tree13Likes
All Cadillac Recalls and Your Car History Discussion, 2008 CTS Timing chain recall? in Service history, Maintenance log, Recalls; Originally Posted by Tbbt Joekitch, Seems that you always have questions but no answers here, and you don't even own ...
  1. #151
    joekitch's Avatar
    joekitch is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Age
    26
    Posts
    198

    Re: 2008 CTS Timing chain recall?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tbbt View Post
    Joekitch,

    Seems that you always have questions but no answers here, and you don't even own a CTS!

    Don't you have something important to do?
    if it's any consolation, all these questions will have payoffs once i actually own a cts. in the form of lots of pictures and tutorials to do neat mod-y things and junk. it'll be gr8
    jkfcb01 and Mistercoffee2 like this.

  2. #152
    Tbbt is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '10 CTS4 Prem Wagon-Diamond White-Cashmere
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Denver - Castle Pines, CO
    Age
    72
    Posts
    1,514

    Re: 2008 CTS Timing chain recall?

    gr8t

  3. #153
    mcneill8328's Avatar
    mcneill8328 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Coupe, Premium Pkg
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Cleveland, OH
    Posts
    280
    Quote Originally Posted by joekitch
    if it's any consolation, all these questions will have payoffs once i actually own a cts. in the form of lots of pictures and tutorials to do neat mod-y things and junk. it'll be gr8
    That's a bold assumption. Based on the cars you have been looking at, I think most of your time is going to be spent fixing major structural issues (ie. The wagon with the f'd up roof) or putting money into a car with 200k miles just to keep it on the road. I'd venture to guess most people on this forum will never want to deal with any of that.
    Tbbt and CTSCHICK like this.

  4. #154
    joekitch's Avatar
    joekitch is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Age
    26
    Posts
    198

    Re: 2008 CTS Timing chain recall?

    Quote Originally Posted by mcneill8328 View Post
    That's a bold assumption. Based on the cars you have been looking at, I think most of your time is going to be spent fixing major structural issues (ie. The wagon with the f'd up roof) or putting money into a car with 200k miles just to keep it on the road. I'd venture to guess most people on this forum will never want to deal with any of that.
    on the one hand, if you cant wrench your car, it's not your car IMO
    on the other hand, repairs are a good thing, since i'll be making video tutorials of the repair process. there's a big dearth of video tutorials surrounding the cts in general

  5. #155
    rhigg1959 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Age
    56
    Posts
    37

    Re: 2008 CTS Timing chain recall?

    I received a letter several months ago from GM stating that they would give me an extended warranty of 5 years or 120k miles on the timing chain. There was no recall. If this has changed, I have not heard anything about it.

  6. #156
    Mustang Matt is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS4
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    St. Louis
    Posts
    85

    Re: 2008 CTS Timing chain recall?

    Quote Originally Posted by rhigg1959 View Post
    I received a letter several months ago from GM stating that they would give me an extended warranty of 5 years or 120k miles on the timing chain. There was no recall. If this has changed, I have not heard anything about it.
    #11340C special coverage adjustment

    It doesn't cover all cars, but it does cover most of them.

  7. #157
    mdurette is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    6

    Re: 2008 CTS Timing chain recall?

    Good Morning All:
    I know this is an old thread....but I searched and this is what came up. Hope you don't mind me digging deep in the archives and reviving.

    My 2008 CTS (about 90,000 miles) has been running rough at an idle for a couple of months. A few weeks ago the check engine light came on and I had onstar run adiagnostic check. They came up with fuel cap not on tightly....make sure it is tight and after a week if light still on, bring to a dealer.

    Light stayed on so I brought it to family member mechanic to check out the reason why the code was there and to see why the car was running rough. He said the code was for the timing chain and explained the stretching that is mentioned here. He said he did have to replace on a Saturn once and the cost was about $3,000.

    I can see this "recall" expired in 2013. I never received notification of one (appears it was a silent recall). I'm trying to determine if I should just bring to a dealer either to fix or just trade in. Anyone have any experience with this recall after the 2013 deadline???

    ----------

    Disregard above.....after more digging and looking up my warranty via onstar, I can see I have that extended warranty for 10 years/120,000 miles.Looks like I will bring it in.
    tinman likes this.

  8. #158
    philanders is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): sts
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    2

    Re: 2008 CTS Timing chain recall?

    The only recall I'm aware of regarding the 2008 CTS And STS V6 engine is to re-program the engine control module to require more frequent oil changes. Cadillac has extended the timing chain for these models for 120,000 miles or 10 years after the car was placed in service which ever comes first. I have a 2008 STS and so far I've had no problems yet. Personally I'd like to know who many people in this forum have actually had timing chain problems. Please reply if you did.

  9. #159
    lajunglist is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    1
    I have a 2005 CTS base and the timing cover just blew. I was driving and lost all power I was lucky enough to to be able to coast off the freeway.

  10. #160
    Cad2theBone is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008SRX
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Age
    61
    Posts
    10

    2008 CTS Timing chain recall?

    Dealer replaced my Chain, Cams and bearings for Free. Said if you feel vibrating st 3500-5500 rpm that's a good sign things are going bad, 2008 Cad SRX 3.6

  11. #161
    Leftyate is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 Cadillac CTS 3.6 DI
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Age
    35
    Posts
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by philanders
    The only recall I'm aware of regarding the 2008 CTS And STS V6 engine is to re-program the engine control module to require more frequent oil changes. Cadillac has extended the timing chain for these models for 120,000 miles or 10 years after the car was placed in service which ever comes first. I have a 2008 STS and so far I've had no problems yet. Personally I'd like to know who many people in this forum have actually had timing chain problems. Please reply if you did.
    I recently took my 2008 Cadillac CTS in for P0008 code and Cadillac took it in no problems

  12. Remove Advertisements
    Cadillac Forums
    Advertisements
     

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Gear in this thread - Powered by O'Reilly Auto Parts

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

What Cadillac(s) do you own? (Or type NONE)

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Your date of birth and age are displayed in several places on the forum. Only the administrator will have access to your date of birth should you choose to hide it via the privacy option below.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Bookmarks

Cadillac Posting Rules

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts