Blown 472?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
500, 472, 425, 368 Discussion, Blown 472? in Cadillac Engine Technical Discussion; Hi, First post and I did search/read for about an hour. I was wondering if anyone has supercharged or turbocharged ...
    ry.david is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Blown 472?

Hi, First post and I did search/read for about an hour.

I was wondering if anyone has supercharged or turbocharged their 472 (or even 500). I am looking to turbocharge one, and I have read several books and couple of sites on turbocharging. I plan on replacing/beefing up everything except for the crankshaft, which I saw for $2600, which is kinda expensive for a kid like me. How much power has anyone put it through and have it last for more than 5min?

Also, I would have to convert the engine to EFI. Has anyone tried the "universal" kits, or did you just build it up yourself.

Thanks for your time
    Ryan

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

1987olds442 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1972 Eldorado, 2002 DTS, 507 Caddy Powered Oldsmobile 442

Re: Blown 472?

Potter's Automotive may be able to answer your questions...

Potter Automotive

davesdeville is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 1995 ETC, 75 Deville, Cad500 powered 73 Apollo, 94 Mark VIII

You don't need to replace the crank. Maybe if you're running 30psi through a wild cam you would...

Copper gaskets and an O-Ring would be a good investment, along with the usual forged pistons and rods and shaft rockers...

There happens to be a 472 based Maliboo running around. IIRC it uses a 472 crank, revs easier. It's got a blower, and makes around 1400hp.

ry.david is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Thanks for the quick replies, I'll give Potter a ring

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.