472 or 500 Superchargers?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
500, 472, 425, 368 Discussion, 472 or 500 Superchargers? in Cadillac Engine Technical Discussion; I was wondering if anyone around here has or knows of anyone who has put a supercharger or a turbocharger ...
    68'Eldorado is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Lightbulb 472 or 500 Superchargers?

I was wondering if anyone around here has or knows of anyone who has put a supercharger or a turbocharger onto a big inch Cadillac engine? What kind of power would we be looking at there? If you were to supercharge a 1970 500ci what kind of horsepower would it be?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

agent22 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: 472 or 500 Superchargers?

go to www.procharger.com it has exellent supercharging systems with intercooler kits.they come with warranties and detailed installation instructions...if i had the money i would buy a kit for sure.they are also 50 state carb legal.i have not even heard of anything close to these kinds of offers,usually there is alot of risk,but this company gives u a lot of "peice of mind" and is a "safer"bet than most other "systems"....

davesdeville is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 1995 ETC, 75 Deville, Cad500 powered 73 Apollo, 94 Mark VIII

There are a couple turbo 500 projects out there, there are 2 people over at shiftless's forum who are actively working on their projects but neither are quite done yet. When I get the money I'm going for two big T04s or a huge single on a stock or near stock 500.

lux hauler is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

BDS (Blower Drive Service) has a blower set-up for the BBCad.

Vern is offline Banned

Potter at www.cadillacperformanceparts.com builds & sells the BDS setup. Helpfull & knowledgable too. Give him a call and he can quickly fill you in on what it will cost and what it is capable of.

Angela Desmond is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

"Caddycarlo" is running one. Check out : http://mywebpages.comcast.net/caddyc...i%20blower.jpg

DaveSmed is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1968 Cadillac Sedan deVille, 1994 Chevrolet G20

Wow, that one blows through the stock intake? B&M still make it?

lux hauler is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

I looked at B&M's site......I didn't see any.

I'm assuming that there's some type of custom adapter used for the blower on the stock intake.

sinverarity is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Probibly your best bet would be to use the 460 adapter plate, and look into a supercharger for a ford bb.. Just an idea..

caddycarlo is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): cad 500 engines

b-m no longer makes blowers ..... holley took weind and b-m and put them under its own name ........ since the adaptor was for the b-m case and holley went with the weind case the part went away ...... I tryed to get some before this happened but was too late ...... the adaptor with the 177 blower has run well it took a stock 8 to 1 motor from 273 hp and 447 ft lbs to the rear up to 384 hp and 520 ft lbs to the rear with 7 lbs of boost the blower can make 9 lbs on a 500 cid motor ......... the blower setup was for a pontiac motor and was used when I got it ....... b-m made lots of the adaptors so they are out there if you look but you will need the b-m blower to bolt to one ... or you could make a new adaptor for the holley blower ......... these types of blowers are also avalble from holley in a 250 cid size that would let you run more boost....... your other option for mounting the blower is a potter intake with a new top plate .....

latter caddycarlo

DaveSmed is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1968 Cadillac Sedan deVille, 1994 Chevrolet G20

Ah well. I know what i'm looking for at the next couple of swapmeets....

BTW, Welcome aboard! I've seen your car at the link the first picture came from, very nice!

catman is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Sinverarity has about the best suggestion. get an adaptor plate for a BBF 460 and Weiand makes a kick but supercharger. put dual 4bbl and a couple Hi-Tek filter assemblies, and nice seeing you... you're gone.

Allante North * is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 1993 Triple Black Allante

Saw a couple of turbos on Caddy Big Blocks this past weekend at Potters Shindig in Chattanooga, TN. Maliboo had 1147HP out of a twin turbo Caddy Big Block in a highly modified and custom Malibu. Purple inside and outside and wicked as hades. Sean brought his 1969 Coupe down from Ohio and it was One Bad Cad with a turbo. It was set up for drag racing and he had just made his first pass a day or two before the trip. It looked evil, kinda like the Lincon the cut up in Animal House. I told him he needed a skull and crossbones painted on the body somewhere. It was a Hoss for sure. I would have loved to see them line up out on the 4 lane, but cooler heads prevailed. It can be done if you have the time, patience, and the bucks. Oh yeah, some big ole nuggets might come in handy also.

Angela Desmond is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Oh, yea, right, the nuggets...Almost forgot about those, did you????

Allante North * is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 1993 Triple Black Allante

I don't really think the nuggets have much to do with it! More like dane bamage to light the candle on something with that much tourqe and horsepower. I think the ole nuggets might draw up and hide if I ever got a chance to drive one of those beasts. I know the pucker factor would at least go up a few notches. I think I have lost egnought brain cells over the years to give it a try, but my better half might want to make sure the the ole life insurance is paid up just in case

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.